Lethargic Kitten

AlMoSThErE___L7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I have a very lethargic kitten, she is a 3 month old orange female, it started yesterday around night time where I live. ShesS breathing with her mouth open, her 3rd eyelids are showing in her eyes, (sometimes they cover a lot of her eyes, and her throat seems to be swollen as if something may be inside it. Also she tries to "meow" but there's barely any sound. It sounds as if she was dehydrated but me and my gf gave her some water that night, it didn't help her voice though we also tried lightly massaging her shoulders and under her neck as we caught her hacking a few times. I stayed up throughout the night worried about her. don't have funds to take her to the vet I called and just to see her is 85$ dollars, xrax-is 130$ and at this moment I can't afford what may come next. I was wondering if someone here knew what these symptoms could be and if there's anything I can do to help her get better at home before I build up the funds for a complete vet visit. Thanks so much

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The cat sounds deeply ill and needs to see a vet. Call the local shelter or one close by and ask if they can recommend a place that will take payments or is low cost.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would do my best to get her to a vet now. Many vets will let you make payment arrangements. Even if they wont do x rays right now they may can tell by looking if there is something in there. If there is something stuck in her throat then it is an emergency situation. Best of luck to you guys, and do keep us updated!