Lethargic after shots

CJ1980

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had to take my cat to the vet last night for a possible ear infection. He was not thrilled about the Dr cleaning and fussing with his ears. He also needed his rabies and distemper shots so they did that as well.

It’s been over 24 hrs and he’s still lying around and lethargic. Barely has eaten. He’s usually extremely active night and day. Is this normal? They told me he would act this way for a bit, but i didn’t expect this long.

Chrissy66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OOh never let your vet give your cat vaccines especially if he is sick. Also, Cat's don't need Rabies especially if they are inside or allowed outside supervised on a leash or Catico. As for Vaccines (ANY) Titer first because 9 out of 10 times they do not need any past the Kitten series because their bodies build up an immunity. I don't know about for Cats but my mom uses Adored Beast Rebalancer as for Ears, you could say I am an expert with that as Toby used to have bad ear problems. When he was a baby he had Ear Mites which we got rid of from a medicine from the vet but after that it was a fight with everytime an ear infection. It was then with the help of his doctor we did an elimination diet after which we learned he was allergic to Chicken, Turkey, and by trying just one time Pheasant. Since then we feed him Viva Raw Duck and Rabbit. We also give him the Greenwise Lamb from Publix to chew on which he loves. Prior to learning the triggers of his ear infections his Dr. was constantly giving me medications (Steriod) to put in his ears only leading to more problems. It was later my mom did research and found that Banixx is all natural and works wonders. Anytime Toby's ears begin to bother him I use this for a few days. We get it at Tractor Supply.