Lesser Known Tv Series And Movies

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son and his fiancee are huge fans of Samurai Champloo. They also like Cowboy BeBop.

My son follows modern Bushido, trains in Japanese martial arts along with his fiancee, collects katanas and other weapons, and wears traditional Japanese clothes often.

There is a series called Samurai Cat that we all enjoy. It is about a recluse samurai who was ordered to kill a specific cat. Instead of killing the cat, he ends up loving the cat and keeping it.

This is my son with our Silas.
As someone who has loved cats and martial arts both in my lifetime, I may never leave this computer again with that information.
I appreciate the share (and the photo as well. Your son "gets it")!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being Human (BBC- NOT the American one)
Constantine
Pit Bulls and Parolees

Not sure if Torchwood qualifies. I'm not a big Torchwood fan, but Children of Earth was a masterpiece. I've seen it around 8-10 times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being Human (BBC- NOT the American one)
Constantine
Pit Bulls and Parolees

Not sure if Torchwood qualifies. I'm not a big Torchwood fan, but Children of Earth was a masterpiece. I've seen it around 8-10 times.
100% agree with the BBC's "Being Human." At least until the original characters are gone.

I flipping love "Torchwood" and Captain Jack Harkness! The Children of Earth episodes (Day 1-Day 3) were wonderfully done, but they disturb me so much that I have only watched them twice. The first time I watched them, I was upset for days. Now I have to go add the name Gwen to another thread.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I flipping love "Torchwood" and Captain Jack Harkness! The Children of Earth episodes (Day 1-Day 3) were wonderfully done, but they disturb me so much that I have only watched them twice.
Day 4 and 5 were awesome also. Except that you cry like a baby at the end. And if you don't- you're not human.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Day 4 and 5 were awesome also. Except that you cry like a baby at the end. And if you don't- you're not human.
I do not know how I forgot about days 4-5! Perhaps because I just watched them all at once each time I watched them. Maybe if I broke them up over a couple of days the emotional cost would not be as much.

I agree about the crying, and I am not a crybaby! (My daughter and I went to see "Fault in Our Stars," I was looking around at all the crybabies like they were crazy!) I also think if someone can watch the "Vincent and the Doctor" episode of Doctor Who without crying they must be dead inside.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Thought of more...

Absolutely Fabulous
Eat Drink Man Woman
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Bad Girls
(UK show)
Queer as Folk
Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
You're terrible, Muriel!

My favorite part is when Rhonda tells the other girls she is with Muriel. I read something last year that the actresses are still close friends. Toni Collete is brilliant in "The United States of Tara."
Soooo funny!! I loved it when Tanya gave Nicole a black eye.
And the whole Tim Sims bit, :clap::flail::crackup:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot one that I absolutely loved, and it only lasted one season.
American Gothic. The original one (There's someone at the door)
Also, Alien Nation.