Lesiona under back legs

Betuncay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone,

my female 6 months old cat have bold spots under back legs. Both in the exact same area (one is bigger though) I showed it to the vet and he said it does not look like ringworm. Did u experience something like that?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Does she lick at or bother those spots at all? They are just bald spots and no redness, scabbing, or irritated-looking, correct? Has she had them for as long as you have had her, or is this something new? Did the vet have any ideas other than to suggest they were not likely to be ringworm? Did they just suggest you keep an eye on them? That is probably what I would do.

I know I have read at least a couple of threads on this site about balding spots on the back of a cat's hind legs, and members were wondering if they were 'worn spots' due to how the cat sits (and/or maybe even what they typically sit on). I cannot seem to find those threads to share with you, so hopefully one or more of the members who recall seeing them, or those who were experiencing the same issue, will soon respond to your post.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
One of my cats has those, and has has them for as long as I can remember. The Vet said they are like calluses from sitting on them and that if I feel the need, I can rub a little vaseline on them, but, of course, he won't let me :rolleyes2:. They don't seem to bother him, so I just leave them alone.