Leash Walk - Photos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

motylek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi~ Make sure the harness is not fitted on too tight, and she will definitely need some time to get used to it. Try to associate the harness with positive experiences, such as affection, favorite treats and play time! That's how I trained Ori to wear a harness. :)
I'm pretty sure its not to tight.
thank you I will put it on her more often around the house.

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
omg so many adorable cats :)
I think I found the problem, so I opened the window and chloe wanted to come out she came out till the point I couldn't reach and hold her while she was walking, and the second I put the harness on her she runs back inside. I put the harness on her inside the house so she can get used to it but I feel bad because she walks very weird in it. is it because it s a bad harness or she has to get used to the idea of having one ?
Like Ori's Meowmy said treats or what works even better for Buddy, play time. He totally forgets about whatever it is I placed on, around him.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
betsygee betsygee , I've been looking for a harness for Juniper and was considering a version of the pink hoodie that your cat was wearing in one of your pics. Did you find it secure? Some reviewers on Amazon said that they thought it was too easy for a cat to slip out of. I'm curious what your experience was. It's irresistably cute...unless it's unsafe.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
betsygee betsygee , I've been looking for a harness for Juniper and was considering a version of the pink hoodie that your cat was wearing in one of your pics. Did you find it secure? Some reviewers on Amazon said that they thought it was too easy for a cat to slip out of. I'm curious what your experience was. It's irresistably cute...unless it's unsafe.
Hannah startles easily and almost got out of the previous one I had for her, but this one fit her snugly and she never got out of it.

It really is cute, isn't it. :)

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
20180412_081049.jpg

Well, we're a little behind the curve here, so this isn't really a 'walking' pic, but here's Juniper modelling her new harness. We tried the h-style first, and it didn't fit her at all, and she refused to move in it. This one fits a lot better (although she's still very small around the tummy and it won't tighten fully yet) and she did eventually decide to walk around, jump up to the window, etc. in it. As you can see from the pic, though, she continued to give me guilt-inducing stares the whole time! We'll keep practicing....maybe we'll have a pic of her walking soon.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 226682

Well, we're a little behind the curve here, so this isn't really a 'walking' pic, but here's Juniper modelling her new harness. We tried the h-style first, and it didn't fit her at all, and she refused to move in it. This one fits a lot better (although she's still very small around the tummy and it won't tighten fully yet) and she did eventually decide to walk around, jump up to the window, etc. in it. As you can see from the pic, though, she continued to give me guilt-inducing stares the whole time! We'll keep practicing....maybe we'll have a pic of her walking soon.
:clap::touched::clap2:

elgecko

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Buddy's first time out after dark.

Wanted to overnight in the hammock but they were calling for thunderstorms around 3am, which it did. Got to the trail around 7:00pm, hung the hammock and hiked till I could not see well anymore. Then we hung out in the hammock around midnight before heading back home.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 , it looks like Gypsy has a new harness. Didn't you used to use the kitty holster?

It's nice to see more of her beautiful fur coat!
:wave3:Oh so nice of you. :catlove:We did indeed start out with a kitty holster however Gypsy did so well that as long as we are on her home turf I decided to try a secure 'H' harness. The collar is only for outside too. :wave2:

Last edited: