Laying In Litterbox But Peeing Normally

willerin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 1 year old female cat had a UTI in December that seemed to be partly stress related and partly due to diet. She was on Royal Canin until June, and about a week ago I made the switch to an all wet food diet with my vet's OK. She was doing fine, but today I noticed she was laying in the litterbox. She left and a few minutes later went pee like normal. After that, she was laying in the litterbox again and dug around a bit. Her pee was a normal size and it didn't seem like she was straining or anything.

Is this a potential flair up of the UTI, or could it bee bowel movement related? Or just a coincidence? :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

willerin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right after I posted this she went poop and rubbed her butt on the floor--I think her stomach might be a tiny bit upset. I'm assuming that's the cause of this and nothing to do with a UTI.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Right after I posted this she went poop and rubbed her butt on the floor--I think her stomach might be a tiny bit upset. I'm assuming that's the cause of this and nothing to do with a UTI.
Hello willerin, scooting on the floor could mean a few things. It could be due to itch at the anal gland or worms or parasites.

Did you check her stool for worms?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

willerin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I checked and didn't see anything. I think she had some stool stuck to her fur so she was trying to get it off. I wiped her clean and I will keep an eye on it.