Last Summer....

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last year in March, my family decided that we wanted to go on a holiday for a month. The problem was that we had a cat who was Persian (so we couldn't fly him) and we couldn't find any pet sitters; so our only choice was to put him in a boarding cattery. We searched online for some professional ones and called them up. Super expensive ($30 per day). Finally, we found a cattery where it was not so expensive. Called them up and arranged a date to visit the cattery and make sure we wanted to go with them. Cattery was clean all cats were vaccinated. So far so good. The cats were in actual rooms and not in cages. On June 7th, 2017, our kitty left our home to go to the cattery. If we had only known:(. The person who picked him up made a funny remark asking if we wanted him back. DUH, what do you think. We'd pay $400 just to not get our cat back? Well, that's exactly what happened. We came back in July and contacted the cattery to see if we could have our cat delivered to us the next day. No reply. called him. Wouldn't answer our calls. Now what? Contact him again. He sends a really rude response saying that we are disturbing him. Two weeks go by. Now we are really starting to get worried. Finally, on Thursday, September 15, 2017, the cattery owner whatsapps us saying "sorry 4 the bad news, but your cat died. Don't know what happened and will get back to you". Everyone was heartbroken. The cattery owner never gets back to us. Completely ignores our calls and messages. So we quit trying to call him. One month later, just out of curiosity, I go onto his Instagram account, and I see my cat being advertised for sale. I was super mad. We contacted him and he says that the cat was taken and blocks us from his WhatsApp. I called my friend who also went with the cattery and asked her what to do. Should I call the police? Turns out the cattery owner was a policeman himself. There was nothing we could do. Mental note: never put your cat in a private cattery again. After that lesson, I think it was worth paying $1000 dollars for a month rather than lose my cat that way.
Thanks for reading ya'll

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe what a horrible story this turned out to be, I would think there would somehow be some way and someone who could put an end to these clowns? They disgust me doing things like this and need to be punished somehow!

I would have a friend inquire about your cat like they are interested in buying it, see how much they want and then pay them to go get it for you and give it back to you. Just a thought...

I know that somehow, someday these people will pay for this, I hope sooner than later!!!! :mad: :angryfire: :censored: :angrywoman:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so VERY sorry that you lost your cat this way. Knowing that he is alive, and almost certainly in good hands now is very cold comfort. My heart with yours.

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! That is horrific! I am so sorry this happened. There must be some organization that can help with this. The idea that Les26 posted l might work. I will pray for you and your sweet kitty. I wish I could help. God bless!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why WOULDN'T you go to the police?! This is a scam, pure and simple. It doesn't matter if he is a policeman or not, he took an oath to protect and serve, not scam the people. Get a lawyer and sue him, but first try through the police.
I don't know if the OP is talking about "your" police or the police of the place where she's typing from.
If it is the latter, then I'd guess that it wouldn't be that easy to deal with them...

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is horrible! My heart breaks for you. Having a friend try to buy him might be a good idea. Is there some higher law enforcement than the local police? Could you contact a TV station or newspaper? (After you have hopefully gotten your cat back). These evil people have to be stopped. In the US cats are mostly legally property. If that is the case these people are guilty of theft. I wish you the best in trying to get him back.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Why WOULDN'T you go to the police?! This is a scam, pure and simple. It doesn't matter if he is a policeman or not, he took an oath to protect and serve, not scam the people. Get a lawyer and sue him, but first try through the police.
:yeah: I am not familiar with the proper authorities in your country but surely there is someone else to report this inconceivable act to or contact your vet and ask for their advice/recommendation. Please do not let the owner of the cattery get off carte blanche with no repercussion.

My heart goes out to you and you have my complete sympathies. :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys so much:loveeyes:! You all have been so kind and helpful. I don't know if it's too late to report him to the police because this happened in June 2017 but I will at least discourage people from using him. Thank you so much!