Large Pink Lump Under Cats Chin

Samantha Brokken

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i noticed a sore under my cats chin and it has gotten bigger over the past two weeks,he doesnt let me get near it but i managed to get a picture while he was skeeping, does anyone know what it might be, i have attached a picture. Thanks

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi, i noticed a sore under my cats chin and it has gotten bigger over the past two weeks,he doesnt let me get near it but i managed to get a picture while he was skeeping, does anyone know what it might be, i have attached a picture. Thanks
Hello Samantha, welcome to TCS :wave3:

It looks like Feline Acne to me. Have you been using plastic feeding bowls for your kitty? As plastic feeding bowls or plates tend to harbor bacteria. Best is to use stainless steel, ceramic or porcelain bowls or plates.

Anyway, someone with a more accurate answer may come along. Just hang on in there :wink:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it definitely could be Feline Acne. Or it could simply be a bug bite. hard to tell if it's just one large bump. But it looks to me as if I see some little black spots next to the bump in that picture.

Here is an article on Feline Acne. Feline Acne I know some people actually use Stridex pads to clean it with. Some use Hibiclens. If it gets really bad, then you might need a Vet to intercede.

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It looks like feline acne that could be infected. I would get him checked by a vet in case he needs a round of antibiotics to take care of that. Once the infection is gone, I would use stridex pads clean the area and to try to get rid of it. I am not sure if it is safe to ise on an infected area though.