Languages. How good are we?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joecool

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
someplace so boring i am slowly but surely losing
Wow. I couldn't understand a word. I guess there are a lot of ppl here that speak interesting languages. That is cool.

Is there a russian speaker that can explain the pronounciation of the letter like a w with the line off it on the right, that one that looks like an x with an extra line, that letter like a u with a line off the right, and that one that looks like a b and an l? Also, can anyone tell the difference between the a and the letter that looks a little like a three, but not exactly? Thanks. Hope this made sense.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could learn another language. I tried to do the books on tape to learn French but it was hard! I took Spanish from 7th grade up, and I could get myself through Mexico as long as all I did was go out to eat and ask where the bathroom was! Other than some basic sentences, I don't speak it very fluently. I do love to listen to people with Irish accents and such, and for a man to speak French to a woman....well...
is all I have to say 'bout that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joecool

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
someplace so boring i am slowly but surely losing
Sorry, i accidently let this thread get cold, lol

Shannon, all you have to do is give each hard pronounciation a break down in american. Like the rolled r is like an hr, etc.

Il n'est pas trop difficile! It isn't too hard!

katielv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by joecool

Is there a russian speaker that can explain the pronounciation of the letter like a w with the line off it on the right, that one that looks like an x with an extra line, that letter like a u with a line off the right, and that one that looks like a b and an l? Also, can anyone tell the difference between the a and the letter that looks a little like a three, but not exactly? Thanks. Hope this made sense.
I am a russian speaker. I do not understand what you ment by the above. If you explain a little better, I'll be able to help

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jeg tror at vi er meget god med andene sproger.... fra russisk og tysk til spansk eller intaliensk - vi taler alle sammen en meget virkelig sprog.... KAT!!

(I think that we are very good with other languages... from russian and german to spanish or italian - we all speak one very important language... CAT!)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took 3 years of Spanish in high school...and I don't remember a word!

I wish I could speak that...or French

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i can speak a little german and a little spanish

Mi gusta el bano is what we would always tell the teacher if we needed to go to the bathroom( it mean i like the bathroom)

i always started doing german and spanish together so i gave up because it was getting all screwed up!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
English and Spanish. I use Spanish almost daily, I am an English as a Second Language teacher, and all my students are native Spanish speakers. Between them and their families, I get lots of practice.

I can also make sense of some written French and Italian, I pick out the words that are similar to Spanish ones.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fluent in German. I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, but without using it, I'm sadly lacking in that dept.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
American Sign Language...both my parents are deaf, so you could say it's my first language. I would like to learn to speak Spanish some day.