Ladies only please (personal problem)

rbg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One preventive is to not wait too long to shower after 'the act'. That's how a lot of women get uti's.
I used to get them a lot and I didn't get over them until I was prescribed a homeopathic remedy and that was over 16 yrs. ago and I haven't had one since, knock on wood!!
I've read in the past that creating an acidic environment won't help all infections, some require the opposite.
Good luck on your pregnancy attempts!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by RBG
One preventive is to not wait too long to shower after 'the act'. That's how a lot of women get uti's.
Or just going to the bathroom right afterwards will work. The urine will flush the bacteria out - that is what I read recently in one of my magazines.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to the store and purchase a herb called Golden Seal - it's a natural antibiotic - that usually help me quickly!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by RBG
I used to get them a lot and I didn't get over them until I was prescribed a homeopathic remedy and that was over 16 yrs. ago and I haven't had one since, knock on wood!!
I've read in the past that creating an acidic environment won't help all infections, some require the opposite.
Good luck on your pregnancy attempts!
Can't shower righttttt after because it is best to lay down for around a half an hour to keep everything where it is supposed to be
I normally only get one once a year, but I HATE them, they hurt so bad!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Pollyanna
Hey, PP, so this might be a good thing! Maby your body is telling you you are allready pregnant!

Dana, that is so interesting that this alway happents! (not interesting-good though
) Knowing this, I am curious to know it I will get UTI again next time/if I get pregnant!
that would make me VERY happy! I'm going to do a test this friday

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! Knock on wood, drinking tons of water and cranberry juice seem to be helping. I went to webmd and they said if you start self treatment with in 24 hours (I started with in one hour) you should be able to knock it out of your system with out going to the doc. We got our insurance cards today (YEA!!!) And I have one at home UTI test left. Every time I go to the doc for a test it comes up negative because I drink SO much water when I have them and I always have to fight with him about giving me meds!

rbg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can't shower righttttt after because it is best to lay down for around a half an hour to keep everything where it is supposed to be

Would you mind clarifying that comment?

Just kiddin'!!!!
I think I tried just about everything I was told to achieve a pregnancy, but nothing worked. It took me 2 years with each kid, but they were worth the wait. I think those little guys are programmed to head upstream no matter what you do.

I think this thread is getting R rated.

I have no idea how long it would take for an infection to take hold, I guess it must vary depending on your overall state of health.

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Val I had a life threating UTI that landed me in the hospital for a week and then treatments for it for 2 years at Shands hospital in Gainesville FL on a monthly to semi-monthly basis. whew that was a mouth full.

Anywho, The head Dr. down there told me to drink lots of water and he also said that Uristat is one of the better OTC meds out there for the pain. He also told me that drinking one or two beers a day will help to flush that posion out of my body.

Now mind you this was a very serious infection that took a year of antibotics to clear it up finally. One pill a day for a whole year of antibotics @ $342 for 30 pills. It cost me an arm and a leg but I am still here today. There were also procedures, very painful procedures to wash out my bladder and kidneys on a regular basis
They were no fun at all and very embarassing to go through.

I do hope that you get some treatment for this. It is nothing to leave unattended. I know that you are trying to have a baby but be sure to let the Dr. know this if he/she isn't aware of it already. I would hate to hear that you had to go through what I did. Take care my friend.

2rascalkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Kiwideus
Or just going to the bathroom right afterwards will work. The urine will flush the bacteria out - that is what I read recently in one of my magazines.
That's exactly what the Doctor had told me too. Haha! So far drinking Cranberry juice, and going to the bathroom before and right after "you know what".... does help. I'm serious! February 2003 was the last time I had a UTI. Just thinking about the pain makes me weak though. Darn it! Haha!