Labor? Update: Kittens Are Here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is now 4am the next morning (over 24 hours since she woke me up yesterday meowing loudly) and I feel like we are back at square one again. She is still being vocal but there have been no visible contractions yet... Can early labor last over 24 hours??! Was really hoping she would have them last night!

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Coco is now in her nesting box right now cleaning herself repeatedly, not just her vulva but almost everywhere!! She keeps putting her one leg up and just sitting like that for a little - lasts 30 seconds to a minute and happened randomly (it looks like she wants to push almost). Her tail is also flicking back and forth with some force and she seems to be breathing faster. She isn't panting but I can see her stomach moving up and down as she takes her breaths and it looks alot faster than before. She is purring loudly and being quite vocal still. I just checked her vulva and it looks wet so I'm guessing that means there's discharge coming out!! She will not let me leave her side either. I've been sitting at her nesting box with her for the morning and when I got up to go to the washroom, she followed me and then led me right back to her nesting box. Hoping we're really close now and she will be having them soon!!
Also, I can feel a kitten with their head down close to the bottom of her stomach (near her last set of nipples almost). Is this a good sign? Is it a sign that labor is near? I just want her to stop being so uncomfortable. I wish there was another way I could help her :(

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, she’s definitely laboring. How are things now?
She seems to be the same as earlier, still very vocal and won't leave my side. Constantly rubbing up against me and wanting me to rub her belly. I will post when labor progresses :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Poor gal. Hopefully you will not need the vet tomorrow. I know this feels like a marathon for both of you!

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor gal. Hopefully you will not need the vet tomorrow. I know this feels like a marathon for both of you!
Thank you! I'm really hoping she delivers today/tonight. I'm not looking forward to stressing her out at the vets tomorrow if she doesn't have them by then :( and yes it definitely does. It would be alot easier if I knew the exact date she mated too!!

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here she is now just laying in her nesting box. She is still being very vocal every now and then
20190627_114629.jpg

20190627_114633.jpg

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you see contractions?
No I don't but to be honest I'm not 100% sure what they would look like. I've tried Google and YouTube to try and watch videos of cats in labor (more specifically their contractions) but all I've been able to find is cats at the second stage of labor when they're pushing. I haven't been able to find any other ones unfortunately

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No I don't but to be honest I'm not 100% sure what they would look like. I've tried Google and YouTube to try and watch videos of cats in labor (more specifically their contractions) but all I've been able to find is cats at the second stage of labor when they're pushing. I haven't been able to find any other ones unfortunately
I’m in the same situation with my foster momma. She’s lost her plug, she’s been digging in her nests constantly since yesterday, dark discharge, she threw up yesterday and she’s getting feisty. And nothing is happening!!!! Been feeling them move since I got her 2 weeks ago on Tuesday. Hopefully your cat has them tonight!!!

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's looking like we're going to be bringing Miss Coco to the vets tomorrow :( doesn't seem like she's made any progress so far!! I'm so worried for her. She is still being very vocal so it does seem like she's uncomfortable and in pain but I'm still not seeing any contractions and/or pushing and it's been almost 48 hours since this started :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, let’s see what the vet says tomorrow. An x-ray should be the first priority. Is she still eating?

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, let’s see what the vet says tomorrow. An x-ray should be the first priority. Is she still eating?
Her eating has slowed down alot but she is still eating and drinking with no issues. Hoping everything is okay with her! :(

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks like she wants to push! Contractions are more like every 3 minutes now and with each one it looks like she's trying to push. Hoping this is finally it!!!

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have pushing!!!!! Crossing my fingers this is really it. Coco is doing AMAZING so far!!

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20190628_050956(1).jpg

I just took that picture of what came out after 5 minutes of pushing. Just clear discharge with no smell. Thx!!

Bengalmum93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can see the water sac for the first kitten!!!! Will keep updating