Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning’s mirtz went much smoother. Supposedly. I got it in her mouth, I got her to swallow, I don’t see a spit out crumb. But until she either mows down a plate faster than yesterday or has the meowz, I don’t really know if she took it.

Lint roller came up nearly clean. A couple of black bits and that’s it. I’ll remain diligent with the flea comb and cleaning until I stop feeling or imagining these things crawling on me. Since this morning was mirtz, I’ll give her a Capstar tomorrow. Maybe tonight. Let’s see how she reacts to the mirtz first.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Judging from her multiple cuddle campaigns this morning (and her finished first breakfast), I’d say she has the meowz. Another successful mirtz.

I will give her a Capstar tonight so that I can Bissell tomorrow. The lint roller is coming up nearly clean and we’re both significantly less itchy and bitten. I think it’s under control now but I still feel the stray crawler. I think it’s just body hair moving and my own paranoid imagination. But I’ll stay vigilant with the cleaning and front door protocol for at least another few weeks.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that was impressive!
(Poop picture below)

Until the soft serve that followed it five minutes later in the other box.

And then chasing her into cat jail* to avert a carpet bombing**. I know this cat too well!

*Cat jail = I can close off the apartment to effectively just her litter boxes or expand it to the office and my bathroom too.

**How to spot a Krista carpet bombing campaign in case you see it your cat too:

It’s always after a runny poop. Either she doesn’t believe me that I cleaned a box for her or she blames the box for the poop-tail/poop-leg that she now has to clean. But she’s not done. So she looks for an open stretch of carpet and starts scratching at it and then she’ll squat and you have about a second to chase her out of it. Don’t try to pick her up and relocate her to a box. That just results in flying poop. We were both shocked by this one! I try to chase her towards her boxes or the bathroom while she’s scratching before she squats. I do have an apartment configuration where a small addition of wiring shelves stood on end and tied together serves as an effective cat gate to shrink the apartment to the back half. And with office (former bedroom) and bathroom doors, I can restrict her to just her boxes. But usually closing off the office and the front room is enough to encourage her to finish up in a box instead of on the carpet.

Attachments

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carpet bombing averted. Capstar should be “tickling” her any minute now. Or maybe she’s clean and I need to take the Capstar.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think at least some of the stock isn't good. I think maybe the first one or two trays might have been alright. But at least one of the trays is not gelling properly after I thaw and refrigerate. And last night, we had another cat jail lockdown while I waited her out to use a box instead of my carpet for the runny bits. I did her flea combing differently so I don’t expect it’s over-ingestion of soap again. I think there’s some fat in the stock that doesn’t belong there. Fortunately stock is cheap to make and while it takes a lot of time, much of that time is hands off. So I might make a new batch this week.

Last night, she barely touched the overnight portions. She did climb on top of me for a couple of Sphinx sessions. I kept thinking she’d hit the food after but she just wanted the scratches. If I must.... ;)

This morning was a mirtz morning. I still don't like pilling her or having to pill her, but we are getting better at this.

Even though she leaves the occasional partial portion, or last night, she left half her food uneaten, she is still maintaining her weight at 9.1 lbs. I won't change her portions until after we've re-tested next week and cleared out all those tests we were re-testing.

And I think we’re nearly flea free. I don’t see her scratching and I just feel paranoid more than eaten. I’ll keep up all the cleaning and the front door DE dusting before walking inside. I’m also parking my car in the sun as often as I can to bake those bloodsuckers. We’ve nearly won and it’s no time to go slack now.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista is having a rough morning. I think she regurgitated half of first breakfast. It didn’t seem like it sat in her stomach long enough to be anything more sinister than either bad food or ate too much. She did eat half a portion in one go when she hasn’t been eating that much in one go for awhile. She did go back to the food and ate a little more. But she promptly gave that back too. A few bites. I think that’s just aftershocks from the first. Once she’s barfed, it seems to make sense that any food eaten nearly directly after that may be a challenge to her. Just in case, I took up her food for an hour and plated a half portion from a new can.

I think maybe she’s just reminding me that I didn’t Bissell yesterday like I said I would.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a difference a day makes!

She’s eating much better. She’s vocal. She greeted me with audible meows and trills when I came home instead of the silent trills of late.

But she still had a couple bonus poops. I am thinking three of the four trays of stock cubes had fat that dripped back in from the sides of the bowl. I tried to reheat, re-set, and re-skim but I think the damage was done. Those don’t set correctly when thawed and refrigerated again. I’m glad I stuck around to discourage her from a carpet campaign. I had to just bring a box out to the front room for her. I don’t blame her. That was her third turd and only the first one had form.

She’s relaxed now. She finished 3/4 of her first dinner already. I’m going for a run and dinner before I come back for next shift.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if finishing her first breakfast in under 30 minutes means she doesn't need the mirtz dose I gave her just 30 minutes before that (before it could have possibly kicked in?). Or if it means she has enough mirtz built up in her that her every other day dose just keeps those levels up. In any case, I hope her breakfast stays down this time. I have contacted her Dr to see whether I can discontinue abruptly or if we need to devise a taper schedule.

EDIT: Judging from the vocal love bomb she just dropped in my lap, I'd say the mirtz has kicked in.

It's 6:45 and her next meal isn't until 9. Both plates are sparkling clean. Including the probiotic ("the dirt") hidden in one of her portions. That certainly didn't slow her down. I'll give her time to make sure she keeps breakfast down. Then perhaps I'll sneak her a bite before 9.

I also gave her a Capstar last night so she should be good on fleas. My burning ankles have me wondering if I can take a Capstar for big dogs. I think I'll be treating my car with a couple sprays of Advantage for carpet and upholstery. I will also look for a citronella lotion or something for myself.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s got such a vocal and affectionate mirtz reaction this morning. I wonder if I didn’t accidentally give her a half pill. Those pills are so small it looked like a quarter. It had two cut edges indicating it was quartered. But she’s never been this vocal and restless before.

It’s okay, girl. I’m here for you. Ride my belly as long and often as you need to this morning to settle down again.

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My burning ankles have me wondering if I can take a Capstar for big dogs. I think I'll be treating my car with a couple sprays of Advantage for carpet and upholstery. I will also look for a citronella lotion or something for myself.
If you like garlic, start eating it - a lot of it. I have heard, but can't prove, that it will repel fleas from biting a human.
Or, check out one of the products in this article - Flea repellent for humans - Fleas can also bite us too! - ThePestKillers

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you like garlic, start eating it - a lot of it. I have heard, but can't prove, that it will repel fleas from biting a human.
Or, check out one of the products in this article - Flea repellent for humans - Fleas can also bite us too! - ThePestKillers
I’ve been taking a B vitamin because the Thiamine is supposed to be repellent. I’m ready to try one of those repellent sprays. Besides my car, I think I might be picking them up from my creek trail runs. So it would be good if I can effectively repel them and stop bringing them home with me.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, she's so sweet. Glad she's doing better!
She looks so adorable in those pictures now that the moment has passed. But she was so high this morning, she couldn't be bothered to pull her tongue back into her mouth. She was almost inconsolably meowing and she nearly never meows. Why meow when you have a perfectly good trill? She couldn't get comfortable in my lap so back to the bed we went where she could lay on my belly and chest. I have to tell you it's a certain kind of torture trying to give her the comfort she was needing while her very loud purring was putting me back to sleep. Part of me wanted to nudge her off and roll onto my side for a couple of hours nap before her next feeding. But I'm the one who drugged her, and it's my responsibility to get her through that initial rush.

She seems peaceful enough now from her backside facing the bookcase camera. Her munchies seemed to have settled down too. She cleared the first half of second breakfast so quickly, that I held back the second half so she would have something between now and when the first feeder opens. I set that plate down for her after I came back from a grocery run this morning. She seems to have nibbled off the top of it and is saving the rest for later. It looks like she will finally get that morning sleep she didn't get before because she was too high before.

Whew! What a morning!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My newest fashion statement. I’m wearing one around an ankle right now. It’s citronella scent is pretty strong. I can probably drive with it. But I don’t know that my office mates will appreciate my new fragrance.
30200740-D27B-4223-9319-C08B33C0F0F7.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My newest fashion statement. I’m wearing one around an ankle right now. It’s citronella scent is pretty strong. I can probably drive with it. But I don’t know that my office mates will appreciate my new fragrance.
LOL! Maybe take it off before spending any time in the office - take a baggie with you and place it in the baggie until it is time to leave?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! Maybe take it off before spending any time in the office - take a baggie with you and place it in the baggie until it is time to leave?
I was going to leave it in the car and let any that survive the heat now that I'm intentionally not parking in the shade to choke on the fragrance while I'm gone. But maybe your idea is better depending on how heat stable this thing may be.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may be taking the train home and coming back for my car later. Or tomorrow. I sprayed three short test sprays of some old Advantage for Carpet and Upholstery at the driver side floor mat. I opened the windows some and I will check on it in a couple of hours. If the air hasn’t cleared, I’ll be taking the train home and coming back for my car in the morning.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just waiting for my cat to poop so I can cook dinner. I don’t want to handle multi-box poops while I have food on the stove. But she’s being stubborn.

Also went to outdoor store to find some flea repellent for me since everything has been for her. I got this lemon eucalyptus oil that feels like it might do the trick. Either that or it’s not supposed to be sprayed on bites. I sprayed the car with Advantage spot treatment. I also got Krista Advantage 2 because I know she’s had it before. I have some from before. It has no expiration date. But I only want to do this to her as few times as needed. So might as well get the new stuff. I won’t give it to her tonight though. If she has a reaction, I’ve gassed out my car. I’ll likely wait until Friday when I work from home.

Now I’ll head off and sing the no poop song to the melody of Bewitched theme song. “No poop! No poop oh no poop!...”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her poop was delayed a meal. It had an incredible piece, like last time, perfectly formed and the length of her head. It was really something. I would have snapped a picture if she wasn't already scratching at the carpet like an impending carpet bombing. I came into the room she was in and watched her like a hawk. When she realized she wasn't going to be able to drop one on the carpet, she went back to the box and squirted out some soft serve. I did give her double the stock the night before to hide the Capstar so I wonder if that did it. Fortunately, we did not have a third like the night before. I made last night's stock portion smaller and I skipped it this morning to see if that might get rid of the bonus soft serve and poop soup.

The lemon eucalyptus oil is good for outdoors but it rubs off easily enough that I cannot use it indoors. That will be my outdoor spray, especially for running. I found a product called After Bite for treating insect bites. It is topical diphenhydramine (Benadryl.) It has a warning on the label to not use with other diphenhydramine products including oral medication. That warning is no joke. I take diphenhydramine for sleep each night. After applying the topical and taking the oral, I had a Benadryl hangover that lasted all morning long. It was just starting to go away when I applied some more of the topical to my bites. Shoot! It works well but I can't function through this. I'll look for something else this afternoon.

Krista is eating slow today. But if I get out of her hair, she'll probably finish the plated portions this afternoon. I don't need her to finish the feeder portions. They are just there to stave off the acid barfs if she goes too long without eating.

I'm dragging underneath a diphenhydramine fog but I think I just need to get out of here and let Krista have her daytime without me.

Status
Not open for further replies.