Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright:

Can you make her bone brother or broth from chicken feet for the chondroitin and collagen? Or will that upset her tummy?
She’s never really liked bone broth. I’m tired of trying to get her to eat stuff she doesn’t like.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home to a little food leftover on the plate. But she was trilling her feed me song. “You wanna murder da bird for a few minutes before dinner?” And then I gave her a freeze dried turkey treat. Poor girl can’t find two good teeth to bite with. I found a slightly chewed and mostly gummed treat on the floor when I was trading out plates with her. I got her another treat that I “prechewed” (finger squished) for her. After I traded her fresh dinner for her stale lunch, I weighed the leftovers. Same amount as the duck tweener I gave her. So I worried for nothing. Also I can’t Jewish mother more food into her. “You look skinny!”
:whiskers:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to watch the baseball game with her. She wants to watch her cable TV. (The bird feeder.) “Go right ahead, girl. These games are three hours long. I’ll still be here long after your cable TV goes off the air.”
:crackup::whiskers:

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I want to watch the baseball game with her. She wants to watch her cable TV. (The bird feeder.) “Go right ahead, girl. These games are three hours long. I’ll still be here long after your cable TV goes off the air.”
:crackup::whiskers:
:lol:

I saw you mentioned Endgame earlier..were you able to go see it? I hope you enjoyed it!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did see Endgame. I did enjoy it. I did take a pee break in the middle. Now I have to see it again for that missing minute. As a Disney shareholder, I'm okay with all these people who need to see it again for their missing minutes. :D

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost gave Krista a whole new meal-time. I fed her at 10 pm after watching the game with her and at 2 am at her next meal time. At 6am, she parked on my chest in full sphinx. "How am I supposed to feed you pinned underneath you?" And then I woke up at 8am convinced that it was her next meal. I weighed out and mixed the three foods (turkey w/o oil, turkey w/ oil, and rabbit w/ oil) and caught myself just before the bagged portion went into the hot water bath to bring it to temperature. So the portion is already bagged and weighed. Now I just convince Krista that I was mistaken earlier and that we still have another hour.

Her Katris pieces arrived at the FedEx pickup office I sent them to. I will pick those up for her after her breakfast.

She will also be getting a B-12 shot sometime today. Like whenever I work up the courage to do it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I gave her a B-12 shot, some mackerel flakes after, played with her for five minutes, then put out her breakfast. She ate about half of it and then regurgitated it. She doesn't seem any worse for the wear but I'm wondering which of those put her over the edge. Should I have waited some time after giving her the B-12? I don't know. I will clean the carpet and when I'm done there, I can re-evaluate whether to give Krista a new portion. I probably will. It's not like she's nauseated. She probably just ate too fast after a play session.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe in punishing her with tummy rest for a regurgitation. Especially when she finished the other half of the portion without issue. So I cleaned up the mess. Then I got into wiping down the counters and cook surfaces in the kitchen. Krista kept checking in with me. She must have heard me say, "I will give you this portion back when I'm done cleaning it." I plated another half portion for her. This should make her happy. It also maybe buys me an extra hour since half of my between-time was lost to cleaning.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did see Endgame. I did enjoy it. I did take a pee break in the middle. Now I have to see it again for that missing minute. As a Disney shareholder, I'm okay with all these people who need to see it again for their missing minutes. :D
Haha glad you liked it!

I'm glad Krista is doing well overall. Also good job on the B12 shot! I got nervous giving them to Winnie, too.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was feeling bad about being an hour late for her next meal. I'm sure she wouldn't mind because her daytime eating is always slower. But I'm still trying to put weight back on this cat. So as long as she's up for this schedule, this is the one we'll try to keep. But not to come home empty handed, I did stop at the store for her on the way home for food and something else.

"Sorry I'm late. I've got good new and bad news. The good news..."
:dancingblackcat:
She's already squealing with delight at the Spot short wand with feather.

"You don't even want to hear the bad news, do you?" (that I didn't have time to pick up her Katris before this feed.)
:runningcat:

We are going to have so much fun with this new spot pointer wand. She still likes the da bird and we played with that for five minutes. But the spot wand, I can lead her. She was prancing after it. Prancing! Not her normal mopey stride. I can build her agility courses. Now I really need to not forget her Katris pieces before the next feed.
:clapcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just assembled them into some shape just to have all the plastic wrap and outer cardboard taken away and recycled. Tomorrow I’ll figure out how I want to integrate them into her environment. She seems to like her birthday present already.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Krista looks happy with her new toy. You will need to find places that she likes to climb up to , like the bed, couch , benches etc. :hyper::redcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that’s a little disheartening. I just did the math on the protein requirements for Krista as a senior kitty. They are 6-8 g/kg. That puts her daily requirement between 24 and 32 based on an ideal weight of 9 lbs or approx 4 kg. Her Rawz rabbit is 11% protein and 78% moisture for 50% protein on a dry matter basis. For a 154 g can, about 34 g of that is food when the moisture is removed. 17 g of protein per can or approx 3 g of protein per ounce. So now her daily portions should between 8 and almost 11 oz. I am plating almost 8.5 oz a day. She eats most of this. She occasionally comes up a gram or two short of a clean plate. And the carpet eats its share. I guess we’ll keep growing the portions until we see weight gain.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista is having fun with these. First order of business today is to build her a better path to the top of her favorite cat tree. I’ll post before and afters later. Then whatever is left I’ll leave there for her (or buy more) and change the shape every week or so to give her stimulation.
A8455463-7169-46C9-8E93-8E5F68426385.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
100F4642-4C60-431E-94F8-4AD6840B2604.jpeg

This is before. She never trusted that ramp so she always jumped to the bench and then leaped to the top perch. But she spent a lot of time considering it lately more than doing it because of her arthritis.

3B6818D0-E275-4D37-8788-D79B569C23D6.jpeg

This is the first draft. I got her to the bench easy enough. But she seems hesitant about that last little bit. That area feels too crowded and it takes her too far from the window if I push the tree closer to the blocks. So...

C5C353F2-66C9-4258-A30F-714762EA6D57.jpeg

Success! Except there is no clips for joining them perpendicular like this. She is hesitant to use the “I” piece because it wobbles slightly. Next weekend I will look into turning that “I” horizontal and mounting it to the wall. Between now and then, I’ll let my brain think about other solutions before I start putting holes in the wall. Like maybe Velcro strips.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I was posting this, she finished her lunch and walked straight up into her tree!
:clapcat:
Happy birthday, Krista!
:purr:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This only left me with a lonely “Z” piece left over. Not anything she can perch on and I don’t really have any use for it in the office set. I am thinking about mounting it to the wall by the door so she can walk from the tree, across the bench, and to that perch to greet me. Though usually she likes to greet my feet when I come in. I guess I’ll just to have to buy her more pieces. ;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make the “I” more stable secured with the Z. And use up the Z. All five pieces right there just to make her favorite tree easier to climb into. And also give her easy access to that bench. When she’s had enough sun, she likes to lay on the bench. The wood stays nice and cool. Also she likes the purring tracks on Music For Cats that come out of the soundbar on the bench.
0B67827B-91F7-4114-9E1E-007943035200.jpeg

A2647000-50A3-4C0C-9F8E-07C22887BD0F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.