Kneading/licking

Simonalm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I've created a monster! I mean a very sweet monster but still a monster. We found Simon when he was estimated to be 5-6 weeks old as a stray all by his lonesome. He has been such a joy and the most perfect little kitten. He sleeps right on the bed with us and before bed every night since the first night we've had him he lays on my chest and kneads/licks my neck and face. It is like he needs to do this before he falls asleep, he does it for a few minutes then crashes and I get woke up to it in middle of the night too. I thought he was doing this because he was a little baby and thought he'd grow out of it but that's not the case and he is 16 weeks old now. I've let him do it too long now that I feel bad telling him no and it doesn't work anyways I can cover my face and he crawls under the blanket lol. He only does this to me might I add, when I'm gone for the night and he is with my boyfriend he'll cuddle right up with him but does not do that.

Couple questions for anyone who's dealt with this. Why does he do this?? Do they ever grow out of this behavior?

IMG_3278.JPG

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
He's adorable! :hearthrob:

One of my four, Zoe, had the same behavior as a kitten, and I hate to tell you but she's 8 now and still does it. :lol: Actually she's much better now--I used to have to put my head under the sheet, too, to discourage her. Now she jumps up on the bed, licks my hands, kneads for a minute, and then falls asleep, using my arm as her pillow.

I have to say, though, I understand your dilemma--when she was younger, it was annoying because she was so persistent but she's mellowed a lot over time.

Simon is still a youngster, hopefully he'll 'chill' as time goes on. :)