Kitty Diahrea

sprout.derek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we got this little girl, Jazz, about two weeks ago at age six weeks, perfectly healthy. From the start, we've been feeding her Fromm for kittens. After about a week, she started having diahrea about three times a day. We started her on a chicken and rice diet, and after two days, her poops were solid again. I've now tried slowly reintroducing Fromm for about three days, and her poop is slowly but surely liquifying once again. We had a fecal exam come back clean. Any ideas? I've thought maybe switching her to a limited ingredient chicken based diet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sprout.derek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Canned food was originally a part of the equation as well, but we eliminated that as soon as the runny poops started. We read that too much canned food could be an issue so have been avoiding it until we can get to the root of the problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sprout.derek

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I want to find a limited ingredient diet for kittens, but I'm having a difficult time doing so. Can I buy an adult formula and break up the pellets into smaller sizes?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If I may ask, was there clarification as to why or how wet food is a problem?

Try some plain pumpkin, 1/4 teaspoon a day.

You could try any brand that is labelled All Life Stages. Also you could add some water or broth to the kibble, --if you do be sure and don't leave it out for more than an hour due to fast bacterial growth.

Here's a link to a thread that discusses brands of kibble and sizes, but I don't know if they are All Life Stages foods;

Iso Small Kibble

Also here's a database; CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat

Last edited:

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with the advice on canned food. As for dry, I know the kibble size is small for any of the Tiki flavors (chicken, fish and chicken&fish) and it is an all life stages food, so that might be helpful.