Iso Small Kibble

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have a recommendation for a dry food that is small kibble? Rachel Ray is pretty small, but I want something better quality than that. I've tried feeling through the bags but what I think is small turns out to be pretty big when I get it home and open the bag. Any suggestions?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Dr. Elseys dry cat food, chicken. It is a very small kibble. Works great for one of my guys who tends to barf with large kibble.

I also think its about the best quality dry out there right now. High protein, moderate fat, and very low carb. Plus all 4 of my guys like it. Its not cheap, but it is very high calorie and protein, so they dont need to eat a lot. a little goes a long way. I get mine from Chewy, and they do offer a small 2 lb bag to try.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When in doubt, call or email the company and ask them! I can't fathom the idea that kibble cleans teeth so the idea that large kibble = clean teeth seems so foreign and weird to me, small kibble for small mouths (cats) makes a lot of sense! =)

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am currently trying out American Journey duck flavor and was shocked how small the kibble is. This is it on the left next to a purina beyond. My cats seem to like it, but they swallow them whole.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what you're looking for in terms of ingredients but Tractor Supply's brand Kitchen Selects in chicken flavor has very small pieces of kibble and its decently priced. It is made with chicken by product meal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the suggestions everyone! The photos were especially helpful.:D
Try as I might, Jasmine rarely will eat wet. She suffered a jaw fracture that was left untreated before we got her. It didn't heal correctly and so she has a bit of trouble with the big kibble.
Your suggestions are greatly appreciated by both of us.:thumbsup:

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am currently trying out American Journey duck flavor and was shocked how small the kibble is. This is it on the left next to a purina beyond. My cats seem to like it, but they swallow them whole.

The smaller kibble here is about the same size as Wellness and Wellness Core, for reference.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, there's a lot of small kibble. I've got the opposite problem, my cats like the bigger kibble, so when I open it and it's small, I'm disappointed! Small kibbles I've gotten are Purina One, Purina Pro Plan, Purina Muse, American Journey, Tractor Supply 4health All Life Stages and Indoor, Diamond Maintenance.