Kitty Choking :(

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As far as not being able to afford her bills? I’m a poor college kid graduating this summer whose waiting to be reimbursed $6k beginning of next week that will be put back into my savings. But I didn’t knowingly go out and get a pet with my financial situation being how it is. She was the neighbors cat who was neglected to the point where we thought she was homeless and sickly. I unintentionally fell in love with her and I am trying to get her legally mine so I can get her pet insurance. She was sick this past month and it cost me $600, which was a big hit for me. But I’m not going to bring her to the vet and spend $100 for 2-3 minutes of coughing, especially when my vet told me not freak out just yet bring her in immediately but to keep an eye on her and email her.
I'm sorry if my post came across as being really harsh - I'm just so upset about everything going on with my poor little cat right now and very very :shocked:about the bills - I don't even want to think about what the options might be limited to if we couldn't afford treatment is all. I really didn't mean to sound judgemental - am just very aware right now of how traumatic and expensive it can get.

Good wishes to you, and headbuts and kisses for your cat. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashleyannmerk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry if my post came across as being really harsh - I'm just so upset about everything going on with my poor little cat right now and very very :shocked:about the bills - I don't even want to think about what the options might be limited to if we couldn't afford treatment is all. I really didn't mean to sound judgemental - am just very aware right now of how traumatic and expensive it can get.

Good wishes to you, and headbuts and kisses for your cat. :)
No worries!! I was just explaining that I wouldn’t have adopted a pet right now with being a very poor college student but things worked out that way!! And that exact concern has crossed my mind a million times but luckily I do get reimbursed from school this week so god forbid something really bad happened, I would clear out my savings in a heart beat. I’m also trying to get her insurance because I seem to be a neurotic cat mommy so I foresee A LOT of vet visits in our future! She seems to be doing well now and no gagging/choking/coughing since! She’s going to the vet this week to get a full and in-depth check up and her shots.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. I didn't own a cat because I didn't think I could afford it, plus if I ever move, a lot of apartments won't allow pets. But life had other plans and these two showed up. No matter what happens, I'll make it work. My kitties are staying with me. :)