Kittens, Umbellical Cords, And Stillborn. Advice Please

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It sounds like she is a diligent momma; which makes it so much easier on you. Between the two of you those kittens really have the best shot to survive.

I know how hard it is and the pain of each tiny life lost and while I hope there are no more lost; it may happen. But I have faith in your strength and belief that you will do your best to help that little family. Each day is to be celebrated and milestone cherished. You are doing everything you can and the rest is out of your hands. Please don't feel defeated.

More of them would have died in that first hour if you hadn't been there. Each tiny breath is a testiment to how big your heart is and how much you care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mittysmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I will try to do updates as more happens

Mittysmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did. Some fed pretty well with the syringe. The smallest isnt wanting to take a bottle or the syringe and i havent caught it eating off mom much either

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s not good. :(

Will it swallow formula drop by drop? It needs sustenance to get stronger.

Mittysmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried giving it drop by drop in a insulin type syringe it just crys very loudly and turns it's head. Then momma gets upset and wanta her baby back. I did get it to take a little a few times before mom got upset by dropping a tiny bit in when it had its mouth open. Im turning in for the night and all of them were sleeping. I moved the tiniest one up by moms nipples in hopes it would feed while the others are sleeping. She wont even let me put them in a box next to her now because if they let out a peep she wants to pick them up. Which is good and bad. Bad because i can't even try to supplement but good becsuse she is actually concerned about them now. I will give it another shot in the morning. I did give mom some kmr though it seemed to boost her spirits.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Prayers do helps sometimes. So continue to do your best but also do pray...

Mittysmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I took all of them out except the smallest 3 and believe the littlest is eating from mom. Fingers crossed!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, continue rotating every 2 hours.

Can you get weights and post them?

Mittysmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
#1 68.50
>66.48
#2 95.29
>84.89
#3 69.80
>68.89
#4 77.19
>75.98
#5 88.64
>80.85
#6 105.03
>106.09
#7 77.63
>73.19
#8 80.15
>69.38

>is birth weight
Looks like i really need to focus on 1, 3, 4, & 6

Mittysmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry it took my forever to figure out who was who yesterday even with pictures. They all look so similar lol!

Mittysmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And im shocked by #8!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You want to see a 10 gram gain every 24 hours so I'd add in 7 and 5 to the watch list. But that you haven't had weight loss is really good. Go 8 and 2, show the rest how its done :cheerleader:.

I know Mom gets worried when the babies are crying so it is harder to rotate them around. Maybe taking just one at a time who isn't actively nursing and supplement feeding it won't upset her? Hopefully that would keep the kitten from crying so Mom doesn't get upset. I can't remember if we mentioned that mom should be getting kitten food herself right now, as much as she will eat along with a dish of KMR. Gotta keep her healthy so she keeps producing a good amount of milk.

Mittysmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes i have been giving mom kmr and food.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am still really excited to see that no one lost weight. They haven't gained as much as I would like, but not losing is a huge win for the first 24 hours with how rough the birth was. Good job! :clap::clap:

Mittysmommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got 4 to eat pretty good from the syringe. It looks like all are feeding on mom at the same time. Is that possible? I checkes and they were all on a nipple