Kittens Tail Over Back

GhostieCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. We just recently adopted a calico baby that has appeared to have some strange way of holding her tail. When I pet her or she comes by us instead of the usual straight up tail hers goes flat over her back. Is this normal?

It seems very unnatural for it to bend that far.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your cat part siamese? It might be worth googling siamese cat tail images. When I did I saw a picture of an adult cat with it's tail like your kitten. Some breeds like siamese have longer tails so they can bend it more. Since your kitten has full mobility of her tail I doubt she broke it, but you might want the vet to make sure if you suspect she had.

It reminds me a lot of my punk's periscope tail that always signaled play/trouble. He has that classic siamese question mark tail even though he is a mutt. If she is a bit siamese good luck, they are hyper angels.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GhostieCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Another picture of it. I don't think it's the same as the mutation shown in that thread though, as it doesn't curl all the way around, just lays straight and between her shoulders

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not normal, exactly, but it's not harmful either. Just the way she is :D. You can point it out to the vet the next time you're in if that will set your mind at ease.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One of mine held his tale almost like that but not so low to his body with a hook to it at the end. Strange but normal I think.