Kittens Inconsistent Poop?

katyfox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello! so i got two little kittens about a month ago and we love them! they transitioned onto our blue wilderness food and off of their old food great and are using the littwrboxes and being very playful and active!
one thing ive noticed is that their poop is very inconsistent. one day it’s solid abd one day it’s soft. sometimes it looks almost bloody and the next day it’s not. we are booking a vet appointment next week but i was just wondering what could be causing this??
they dont seem sick, eating and drinking, glossy fur, not skinny, playing and cuddling and literally no change in anything.
the only thing i can think of is they try to eat out of the dirty dishes in the sink or dishwasher, could that be hurting their tummies? thanks!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
Is that dry food?
Here's my thinking. Due to the fact that kittens need to eat as much as they'll consume, to fuel all that growth that's going on, I would add some canned food to their diet, so that they are leaving some on the plate.
Also, try and get the dishes into the dishwasher and close the washer door, there is too much salt, garlic, onion, and seasonings in people food for kittens, and cats for that matter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katyfox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Is that dry food?
Here's my thinking. Due to the fact that kittens need to eat as much as they'll consume, to fuel all that growth that's going on, I would add some canned food to their diet, so that they are leaving some on the plate.
Also, try and get the dishes into the dishwasher and close the washer door, there is too much salt, garlic, onion, and seasonings in people food for kittens, and cats for that matter.
Hi! Yes it is dry food - it's a brand that we use because it's supposed to be really good for all ages and grain free, but we will check with the vet :)

Yeah we've been working on that - habit in my family to just leave dishes until the evening lol. Thanks for your help! Have a great day <3