Kittens eating a TON

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two ragdoll kittens, brothers who are 6 months old now. They can happily each DEVOUR an entire 5.5 oz can in one sitting. I have googled and googled and all I can find are people trying to figure out how to get their cats to eat more….meanwhile I’m here trying to figure out if this is too much.
They are on wet food only. Three times a day now instead of four. They get 3oz in the morning, 3 oz at noon and they’ve been eating 5.5 oz each at bedtime!
Is it normal for them to eat this much at once? I know the 3oz are normal but 5.5 oz seems so much. No one ever gets sick and they seem super content after….

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Feed growing kittens as much as they want! Most healthy kittens eat large amounts until they are about a year old. I would give them more at each wet food feeding and leave dry food down for between meals. Male kittens especially eat a lot the first year. It’s expensive!

Do you plan to neuter them soon?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Feed growing kittens as much as they want! Most healthy kittens eat large amounts until they are about a year old. I would give them more at each wet food feeding and leave dry food down for between meals. Male kittens especially eat a lot the first year. It’s expensive!

Do you plan to neuter them soon?
They were neutered two weeks ago.
Thanks!!