Kittens Are Coming! I’m A Nervous Wreck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindslopez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens or other signs of labor. Should be worried about the smal discharge I saw last Thursday and again on Saturday, or that I’ve been able to express small bits of colostrum for a week? I can still feel kittens moving although not as active and I can feel one a few inches from her vulva. Is it just not time yet or could she just be taking her time since this is her first time at this? Or should I be worried?

lindslopez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She doesn't look pregnant to me.
Haha TroyRag, I would not wish kitty pregnancy or kittens on myself or my Paisley. I’m sorry she doesn’t look pregnant to you but she is very much pregnant.

lindslopez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s a pretty small kitty but I think you can tell better here that she’s pregnant. The last two pics show how the bal (kitten, I think) gets hard. These pics were a few days ago. 3FA792D0-3F3F-46E1-BCB7-3BC2B9B74A85.jpeg A FCCBA33D-1EE6-4434-A6BB-663772050C2A.png 14987146-FF0C-4FFF-961E-A024B1A5BF1E.jpeg 3BDF3A8E-2156-4EDD-9A68-3783D303E367.jpeg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What color was the male? Will you keep the kittens?

lindslopez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What color was the male? Will you keep the kittens?
I’m thinking this is him since it’s the only cat I’ve seen in my yard. He cane around about a week ago calling like crazy. 496F2222-271E-4A5D-9C32-FE18C0E8C23D.png

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous. Will be interesting how the kitten will look!!!

lindslopez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m thinking this is him since it’s the only cat I’ve seen in my yard. He cane around about a week ago calling like crazy. View attachment 228450
I will be finding homes for kittens unless I’m unable to, I’ll keep them until I do or as long as I have to. I already have a spay appointment for mom and will be getting babies fixed before they leave us.

lindslopez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous. Will be interesting how the kitten will look!!!
If he is the tom, I’ve read that the male babies could be orange or black and females could be black or tortie like mom. I’d be surprised if we got a tortie but I’m excited to see!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should go into labor soon. Be patient!

Any chance you could get that gorgeous tom neutered?

lindslopez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok! Just wondering if I should take her for a check.

I actually posted something about that in a cat group of fb. People jumped on me saying “you shouldn’t touch something that doesn’t belong to you”, since I don’t know if he had an owner. I decided I will go knocking on doors to ask and if he belongs to someone I’ll get consent.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Any tom cat roaming on my property and impregnating cats is likely a stray and is fair game for neutering. If he does belong to someone, they are being irresponsible not to neuter and to allow him to roam.

What if he is owned and they decline to neuter?

I wonder if the people telling you he’s not your property to neuter have ever dealt with a colony of strays, pregnant moms, and endless litters of kittens.

Sigh ...

lindslopez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any tom cat roaming on my property and impregnating cats is likely a stray and is fair game for neutering. If he does belong to someone, they are being irresponsible not to neuter and to allow him to roam.

What if he is owned and they decline to neuter?

I wonder if the people telling you he’s not your property to neuter have ever dealt with a colony of strays, pregnant moms, and endless litters of kittens.

Sigh ...
I wish I would have thought to say that! Some were concerned about the laws in different states and punishment for neutering someone’s cat without permission. Some were just irate that I was considering to neuter him since he didn’t belong to me. I told them he isn’t your average house cat, he’s skittish, hungry, dirty, most likely parasite infested, not at all taken care of. People were telling me to spay my own cat and the problem was solved. The comments from those people were so heated that the admin cut the comments off and I was unable to respond, so I deleted it. I think the cat may “belong” to the ppl beside me and they do not take care of their animals. They had a dog that had at least 5 litters since I’d lived there. She would come over often and lay on my porch and I’d feed her. I called the non-profit to ask if they had the funds to spay her and they did so I then gave the neighbors all the information to spay her for FREE. They seemed interested. Before I knew it she was pregnant again and this time died during labor. I was livid and cried for days. I wish I would have offered to take her myself.

lindslopez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have 2 babies! I believe she’s done. We hadn’t very little signs it would happen today. Last night I thought she was acting a tad funny, she was being super sweet but playful as she was biting at the bed mattress and pillows. She ate like a pig yesterday and this morning she ate some food. She never acted like she was in pain, no panting, not one meow, didn’t have the restless pacing back and forth. I did notice this morning she was hiding in an unusual spot and as I inspected her I saw some dark pink jelly-like discharge coming out. I decided not to leave for work at that time and not 10 minutes later she was pushing. First baby born breech, broken sac (I could see two little feet and a tail sticking out) at 9:51 am. I thought it was black kitten but now that it’s dry it’s definitely gray. 2nd baby born at 10:09 am (light orange). Mama cleaned both babies up and ate both kittens’ after-birth. Lil Mama did everything she was supposed to do and I’m so proud! Babies are nursing Mama and the gray one seems very head-strong and determined to get milk! I won’t look for sexes right now as I just want to leave them be and let Mama enjoy her babes and they enjoy Mama!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Grey looks to be a nice healthy size, can't really tell about orange. Have you weighed them? Congratulations!