Kitten's Adult Appearance?

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

Two weeks ago I rescued a 1 day old kitten that had been abandoned by its owner/mother. She has been doing really well, and now that she is rapidly growing and seemingly on track, I'm curious what she is going to look like full grown!

She has grey striped legs, and some stripes with diluted tortie (?) Coloring on her face. Her coat really throws me... It is dark next to her skin and fades to a smoky cream at the ends. Anyone able to point me to the direction of what she may end up looking like?

Attachments

Mystikal kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Because kitty is so young she is covered with fluff so it's going to say how she is going to look when she gets older. As the weeks go by just keep posting pics and updating your thread/post.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Because kitty is so young she is covered with fluff so it's going to say how she is going to look when she gets older. As the weeks go by just keep posting pics and updating your thread/post.
Will do! Thank you!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'm guessing she'll end up as a shorthair, right now I think her coloring could best be described by blue tortie (which is a dilute tortie) and white. I'll be curious to see how she grows and develops!

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm guessing she'll end up as a shorthair, right now I think her coloring could best be described by blue tortie (which is a dilute tortie) and white. I'll be curious to see how she grows and develops!
Thanks! I will keep posting pics as she grows!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Without good pics I wont say much, but she is surely a dilute tortie, as you Cphillips Cphillips think.

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Without good pics I wont say much, but she is surely a dilute tortie, as you Cphillips Cphillips think.
She is so wiggly these days it is hard to get great pictures, but I will do my best to get better ones, and resize the good images that I have.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is apparently a diluted tortie AND tabby, so diluted torbie. I wonder also if she isnt a point. The ears are way to black for a common tortie, but could be OK on a point... Although the tail should be darker with a point... But the bleakish body color it too hints a point...

So she carries several different genes, enough to make three different cats entirely happy with their looks. :)

We will see all this more clearly when she is bigger. As its now, you must proceed to fight on to get her healthy and older...

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is apparently a diluted tortie AND tabby, so diluted torbie. I wonder also if she isnt a point. The ears are way to black for a common tortie, but could be OK on a point... Although the tail should be darker with a point... But the bleakish body color it too hints a point...

So she carries several different genes, enough to make three different cats entirely happy with their looks. :)

We will see all this more clearly when she is bigger. As its now, you must proceed to fight on to get her healthy and older...
Thank you!

As a side note, I was curious about her eyes. They are not the typical light blue, but instead a very dark blue/brown. Is this anything to be concerned about? Or just another odd feature she has?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I guess her eyes, darker blue than most kittens, are in part because she IS a point, and thus, has blue eyes naturally. Its early to show off the natural point eye color, but apparently it happened.

Btw, she carries also white, very apparently. Lotsa different genes to carry! :)

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wanted to post an update since its been a few days and some of her coloring has darkened up. I can see grey and light orange stripes through the white fluff on her body, but it appears only her skin is colored like that. The fur is still the smokey cream. Ears have lightened a tad as well.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, her torbie markings are coming in nicely. She is so cute!!

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, her torbie markings are coming in nicely. She is so cute!!
I'll keep updating. I'm starting to think perhaps she isnt a point, and may lose all the cream and just be a full torbie. Either way, I think she's precious still!

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got some better photos of her eyes, because they still throw me through a loop. Anyone have any more input? I should expect them to lighten at some point... Correct? They are a very, dark blue/gray/brown in bright sunlight, and the rest of the time appear black. They have been like this since she opened her eyes.

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some better photos of her eyes, because they still throw me through a loop. Anyone have any more input? I should expect them to lighten at some point... Correct? They are a very, dark blue/gray/brown in bright sunlight, and the rest of the time appear black. They have been like this since she opened her eyes.
You never know - that stunning eye colour might stay with her. My Snowshoe's eyes are incredibly refractive, giving her an eye colour between sapphire and lapis. Every now and again, you see truly exceptional, highly saturated eye colouration in cats; Teresa Keiger's Platina Luna cattery in North Carolina produced a cat named "Dragon" (properly "RW Supreme Grand Champion Platina Luna's Dragon Lance" who went on to international fame) - a Russian Blue with incredibly green "chrome tourmaline" eyes:

Platina Luna's Dragon Lance - Google Search

Sensay Siamese cattery in the U.K. recently lost their "Bertha" - a Seal Point Snowshoe who was TICA's International Best Cat and Supreme Grand Champion before her first birthday, whose eye colour was almost exactly as your beautiful kitty's:

http://www.sensaysiamese.com/images/bertha/bertha.jpg

PosiePurr's Camie (Grand Champion PosiePurrs Camellia) is another whose eye colour is simply stunning - literally the colour of imperial jade:

PosiePurr's Camellia - Google Search

Messy Beast offers a nice primer on cats' eye colour here:

Eye Colours

Cphillips

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thought I'd post a couple picture updates of Luna this week! The dark blue/grey/black is starting to give way to a more noticeable blue. In natural indirect light, you can see her whole iris has lightened, and the center has started to become light blue, slowly creeping out to the edges. Her spots and stripes have darkened a bit, and she has gotten some slight coloring on her back, though she is still holding onto that smokey cream fluffy coat for the time being.

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luna is absolutely gorgeous, and her survival, from one day old, under your care, is almost magical.