Kitten

George18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello

So I got a new kitten and he would lay on me. And sleep next to me... now he sleeps on my husband and when my husband isn’t there my kitten will sleep on his side if he bed... I would pick him up and cuddle him and he would leave me and go back to his spot on my husbands side of the bed...

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats love men. You can win back his affection but he may forever be your husbands cat. My advice? Get a kitten for you :) When I was married my man loving cat (Salem) was my husbands cat... he greeted him when he came home from work everyday (even though I was already home!) So i got my babycat/punk (Dante) and it worked great. I petted one cat, my xhubby petted the other. Of course now I'm stuck with a man loving cat that butters my male roommates up for attention ;)

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got this kitten for me
I guess you forgot to tell the kitten that. . . .

Cats can be fickle and can change allegiances without warning or reason. Bribe him with treats now and then and play with him as much as you can so that he will see you as a fun and safe person. And then realize that he may always gravitate towards men - for the smell, sound or how they play with him.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't take it personally if the kitten prefers your husband over you :alright: All pets have their Human preference. You can't make a pet choose you over someone else unfortunately. This might be something your kitten will outgrow later. All you can do now is provide lots of love and attention so the kitten associates you with good things.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats will trade between hubby and me. Sometimes it's a seasonal thing. Hubby has a higher metabolism and is warmer than me...so they tend to sleep next to him over winter. Summer is another thing, though, they literally pin me down in the bed so I can barely move.

Hubby also tends to sit with his legs stretched out, which means easy lap for kitties. I tend to sit curled up. Still they will often just "hang out" with me if hubby is in the office and not giving laptime.

So, don't take it too personally, just do what you can to continue to bond with your kitty. :catrub:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could find out something the kitten loves to do and spend time doing that. My cat Demi loves to go down cellar and sniff all the storage boxes and each piece of fire wood. He knows that I'm the only person that will do this with him, so he comes and gets me.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got this kitten for me
Now, I know you don't mean that statement the way it sounds. Just like the others above are saying, not only will it be alright. Some cats are just that way, preferring one human over another, and believe me, that is not the first time I have read that from a member before, it happens.;) Like they said, it does NOT mean that he doesn't love you too. You just have to establish your own relationship with him, and by the way, you are NOT doing anything wrong. Sometimes we just have to accept the way things are. I am not reading that he is hissing, biting and clawing you. Now THAT would be problem some. :wink: Like mentioned above, down the line, maybe another cat for you. But honestly, I think he is just adorable and how lucky your family is to have him!!:redheartpump: Is that his picture in your avatar and is his name George? What a cutie. :loveeyes: