Kitten Won't Eat His Wet Food Anymore

danielle.92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is 8 months old and has suddenly gone off his wet food.
I leave a bowl of pellets out for him which he munches on (so he is eating). He acts normally and cried for his wet food but when I put the sachet out he licks the 'jelly' off the top and leaves the rest.
I try and rotate brands as much as possible. But there aren't many brands for kittens, and all of them seem to either be pate consistency or chunks in 'jelly'.

Should I just leave him to be fussy, as he is eating something? Or, can I try and give him adult cat food (chunks in gravy)? Or is he too young?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
There are some brands of wet food that is labeled ‘For All Life Stages’. It’s meant for kittens till adults. You can give that to your kitten.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cats get picky like this sometimes too. I try to offer different brands, different proteins, and different textures. Mine like chicken but some want minced, some want shreds, and one like pate....cats.

Like tabbytom said all life stages food is fine. Sometimes i go to the pet store a pick up a can of this, and a can of that to see what they will like today. One of mine right now only wants tiki after dark, another one is hung up on the american journey minced poultry flavors from chewy. my little black girl will only eat nutro minced chicken or fancy feast classics right now. my other little girl will not eat any wet right now. :( last week everyone wanted weruva.... next week this may all change, again. Cats :runaround:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danielle.92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I haven't seen any all stages food but will have a look!

My little boy is very sensitive as I rescued him when he was 10 days old. He once stopped eating for 3 days because I went to work after a long weekend!! Took him to the vet and he went back to normal and ate his most expensive meal :censored:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes "All Life Stages" is in really small writing on the back of the can. I swear sometimes I almost need a magnifying glass to see it.