Kitten With Broken Hip Bone!

AnnaAntil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My Persian kitten (2.5 months old) was attacked by a stray dog yesterday (28 jan 2018) and broke her hip bone and dislocated it( X-RAY above). I took her to vet and he declined surgery stating she is too young and therefore have thin small bones. Though he also says that leaving it as it is can lead to infection in the ruptured tissues inside. What do I do now? I am so confused? Will she ever be able to use that leg?
Help

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry this happened to your kitten. what is the vet suggesting you do for the kitten? I know cats can heal well, but i dont know about something like this? I am wishing you both the very best recovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnnaAntil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry this happened to your kitten. what is the vet suggesting you do for the kitten? I know cats can heal well, but i dont know about something like this? I am wishing you both the very best recovery.
Thank you
They just wont find a way to help her, they go on and on about how surgery is not possible

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I know is that when a pet or a human is too young and still growing, fractured bones not always can be fixed with the traditional methods, and they should fix on their own.
Unfortunately, though, the same precaution that should prevent further problems is what can put a pet or human at risk.

At least, can the dislocation be re-composed?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ask your vet to consult with a veterinary school. Many vet schools offer free veterinary consults.

AnnaAntil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks. I consulted the HOD of a Vetnery school and
What I know is that when a pet or a human is too young and still growing, fractured bones not always can be fixed with the traditional methods, and they should fix on their own.
Unfortunately, though, the same precaution that should prevent further problems is what can put a pet or human at risk.

At least, can the dislocation be re-composed?
The vet say so. I have consulted a fair few and all of them declined surgery but one. I am still searching for the best options for her. I just hope it won't be too late.

AnnaAntil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet say so. I have consulted a fair few and all of them declined surgery but one. I am still searching for the best options for her. I just hope it won't be too late.