Kitten Vision or Neuro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I picked up two new foster kittens. They seem to be around 4 weeks old but a little hard to tell. One of them seems to be doing some odd things with his head. First one is trying to kind of chase his tail? Goes is slow circles sort of obsessively. I know that could just be a normal developmental "discovery". When he eats he bobs his head from side to side. Could this be an old "search for a nipple" behavior? I'm not certain that their vision has fully developed yet either so maybe it's just a vision thing? It's pretty repetitive though which is why I am a little concerned it's neurological or something. His brother doesn't display either behavior. I know that in a few more days or a week this might be completely gone and I will have worried for nothing, but just thought I'd throw it out there in case someone has some thoughts.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she was exposed to it in utero she still may be a CH kitten.

Do keep her hydrated and give lots of supportive care. Antibiotics can help with secondary infection if there is any.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for trying to help these two little fosters. When a cat passes on, we lock the thread out of respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.