Kitten Talking In Her Sleep

Sararainmaker

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else have kittens/cats that are vocal while sleeping?

It's not meows or chirping, more like an annoyed groan, like something you'd expect from a cat that doesn't wish to be held... and she never makes any sounds like this when she's awake.

I have never seen a cat make any noise while sleeping before, but then I have never had such a vocal cat before!

TGRY5756.JPG

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo moans and groans while he's sleeping, or rather when he moves while sleeping. It's very funny to hear, but he's always done it. It's the kind of groan you would make when you stretch.

You have a lovely cat; I really love gray cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sararainmaker

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Krista is 15 and makes the kind of groans you would expect from a senior cat. Especially in this heat we’re getting. But she’s also a vocal cat. Lots of trills mostly. Like living with a Groot when you don’t speak Groot.
Well Kaylee is anything but senior! She's only 15 weeks old! :D

I remember reading somewhere that cats develop their own language with their humans, and I can say that what little my previous cats said was always clearly understood... It's going to take me a little longer to learn Kaylee's language, she seems to have QUITE a bit more to say!

Sararainmaker

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mingo moans and groans while he's sleeping, or rather when he moves while sleeping. It's very funny to hear, but he's always done it. It's the kind of groan you would make when you stretch.

You have a lovely cat; I really love gray cats.
THAT'S IT! I was looking for the right way to describe it, it sounds like stretching, but she'll go into a sleep-twitch fit along with it most times. :D

And thank you! I happen to agree that she is quite the beauty, but I am severely biased. :D I am really enjoying watching her change every day as all her tortie colors fill in, she was almost solid grey when we brought her home, the only reason you could tell she was tortie at all was a cream stripe on her face, some white 'eyebrows' and a couple cream spots on her side! :)

For your love of Grey cats, though, here is River, who recently crossed over the rainbow bridge. She is greatly missed. ♥

IMG_4978_LI.jpg

Sararainmaker

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your responses! As I am sitting here typing this, Kaylee is dreaming of nursing, as she is suckling in her sleep! It's freaking adorable and I am hoping to get it on video one of these days :D