kitten spends the night suckling/ massaging me aftee

crazypetlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted a kitten 2 month ago, the vets didn't think he would make it but it but we tried, for 2 weeks he stayed In the vets through out the day on a drip and he came home for the night were I would feed him is siringe every hour and give meds. He can eat and drink on his own now and is healthy though now every night he will suckle and massage me all night, he likes lying in the crick of my neck and suckle on my ear and massage my neck or lye ony chest and massage my neck and suckle my face. Its really affecting my sleep as he does it most of the night. Does anyone know how to modify the behaviour without kicking him out of the room or upsetting him. I think its cute but I really do need some sleep

miannorvy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am going through the same thing with Norville right now but it only last the first 20 - 30 minutes in bed at night. He has his own little blankey (its a fuzzy little babies blanket that he sleeps on all night. He does NOT and has not gotten gotten  off it (except early this morning which I am getting ready to post about) in the 5 weeks I have had him. The girl I got him from said he was 3 1/2 ish 4 weeks old. He was skin and bones, You could see every rib and hi whole backbone, each vertabrea. He fit in my hand. He was so scared when I brought him inside. She said he had never been in. He had been in the barn. His Mother died. I called the vet the next day and he had me come get a little wormer so we could get him treated and he could get a little nourishment and we started him on KMR. I fed him no less than every 2 hrs. including overnight. He made it and is now 9 weeks and a fun little wild little bugger. lol

He has his own little blankey (its a fuzzy little babies blanket that he sleeps on all night. He does NOT and has not gotten gotten  off it (except early this morning which I am getting ready to post about) in the 5 weeks I have had him. I sleep on my stomach and he sleeps beside me on my left side. He continually nurses that fuzzy blankey while needing my arm. His palms and claws going in and out in and out. Its so cute but I have to make sure to get to bed earlier. lol. He does this while watching TV too. It is nice to know that he thinks that I am Mommy after how much time I've spent with him>  :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazypetlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply nice to hear from someone going through a similar thing. I'm rather new to cats though I've been a fan of them forever. Like yours mine has just got well enough now to start moving about and acting crazy :-) I'm going to try cutting his claws I think, they aren't overly long but I might sleep better without the claws catching me. I love he thinks I'm his mum to but wish he could do it a way were I can sleep if its possible lol though It doesn't help my older kitten must sleep on me at night no matter how I lie. So if I move In the night he is moving to get back on top of me or re adjust. Again cute but I need sleep. Though I prefer this to many cat owners been women up to play or for breakfast