Kitten poop isn't brown.

Niharika_k666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten is around 2.5 months old. Got him recently. He has been dewormed twice in a span of two weeks. His poop was runny and green before I got him dewormed. Now after two weeks he's been pooping dark brown/ black poop. He is hydrated I add water to the wet food. He is active (plays a lot) and there are no signs that something is wrong ( vomiting, lethargy,etc). I've also been giving him metronidazole benzoate oral suspension two times a days about 0.3 ml each time.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think once the protozoal treatment is done his stools will return to normal. Having this and two dewormings will be hard on such a young kitten, but the meds sound like they were definitely needed. If you are concerned you might just call and ask at the vet's, make sure you state that he is still receiving treatment. black can indicate blood in the stool, which may be true from worms or the infection. As long as he is gaining a little weight, is active, not hiding, and still eating/drinking/using the litterbox he should be OK, a sick kitten will not act like that.