Kitten peeing/pooping EVERYWHERE!!!

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Help!!!

My 3 month old kitten keeps peeing and pooping everywhere EXCEPT the litter box. She has 2 litter boxes to choose from, and I can't get her to use either. When I catch her squatting, sometimes I can get her into the litter box and she goes in there because she can't hold it any longer. But sometimes I put her in there and she jumps back out, runs around and plays for a while so I think she doesn't have to go, then I turn around and she's pooping or peeing on the carpet. She picks a corner sometimes, but wherever she goes it's always right along the wall. When she started eliminating on her own I thought she was going in the litter box. Why would she be changing that now??? What do I do??

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Go to the grocery store and buy the disposable aluminum trays (the type you cook a turkey in) You can get four for just a few bucks. Buy PLAIN clay litter- nothing scented, perfumed or anything. Just plain clay generic litter. Put the pans in the room where the kitten will be staying. Be sure the pans are far enough away from the food and water. Keep the kitty confined until she understands where the pans are and what they are for. When she has accidents, pick the stool up and put it in her pan (don't cover it) Make sure the pans are in a secluded area but also where she can escape should she feel threatened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. This sounds like something I can do. Hopefully it will work! I can't keep cleaning up 2 or more little poo piles every day! Once she is using the litterbox on a regular basis, can I switch back to specialty litter or will I have to stick with the plain litter forever?