Kitten Peeing Everywhere!! Urgent Help Required!

Yvonne_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten who is around 7 months old has developed the habit of peeing on everything, he especially likes anything lying on the ground, i.e. plastic bags, socks, towels. It is not health related, he has a clean bill of health form the vet just a week ago. He has been doing this for around 3 months now, at first I didn't think much of it and just made sure to clean the area really well, but now it's just extremely frustrating. I made sure that there are no random things laying on the ground, but now he has started to pee on rugs and yesterday my bed. He has 4 litter boxes placed very conveniently in the house, one in every room, they are scooped 3 times a day and deep cleaned once a fortnight. I really don't understand why he is doing this, as he occasionally pees inside the box, and always poos inside. He has been neutered since he was 10 weeks old (as he's a rescue) so it shouldn't be a territorial thing either. He was so good with his litterbox before, so why the change? I was talking about this with a friend who has a kitten herself, and she also noted that he frequently peed on plastic bags. I'm at my tipping point right now. How can I fix this?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time this has happened to my cats is when they get too much dry food and not enough canned food. Does your cat eat a lot of dry food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yvonne_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he used to be on free feeding dry and wet 2 times a day but he has been on wet only for about 3 weeks now and it's still happening.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited: