Kitten litter

aspynandellie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for a good litter for my kittens to use that covers odor and is non-clumping (because they are too young for clumping)

sifl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use "Blue Buffalo Naturally Fresh" Pellet cat litter for my kittens. It's made out of walnut shells and is non-clumping, so it's safe for kittens It has no fragrance, but it seems to minimize odor pretty well (at least at first :p). It's the only kind of litter I could find in my area that was non-clumping and fragrance free!

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens train fine with wood pellets must be pet safe non-toxic.

Inexpensive as well 40 lbs = $5.50

Welcome to the site

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

aspynandellie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use "Blue Buffalo Naturally Fresh" Pellet cat litter for my kittens. It's made out of walnut shells and is non-clumping, so it's safe for kittens It has no fragrance, but it seems to minimize odor pretty well (at least at first :p). It's the only kind of litter I could find in my area that was non-clumping and fragrance free!
How often do you clean the litter box? Also where did you find it?

aspynandellie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens train fine with wood pellets must be pet safe non-toxic.
Inexpensive as well 40 lbs = $5.50

Welcome to the site :wavey:
Wow I never thought of wood pellets! If my kittens are trained on normal kitty litter will they still be okay on them? Thanks so much!

sifl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How often do you clean the litter box? Also where did you find it?
I get it on Amazon and they also have it in Petco in my area. I have 5 kittens so I clean out the litter box about every 2 weeks

Pine kitty litters are also safe for kittens, but I personally didn't like the one I tried because it was much messier than the Blue buffalo :)

aspynandellie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I get it on Amazon and they also have it in Petco in my area. I have 5 kittens so I clean out the litter box about every 2 weeks :jaw:
Pine kitty litters are also safe for kittens, but I personally didn't like the one I tried because it was much messier than the Blue buffalo :)
Oh I loove amazon! I'll probably order tonight, thanks for all the help! 5 kittens would be so fun, you must have a blast watching them play!