Kitten Injured

Majoestic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello my name is Joe one of my 6 week old kittens seems to be injured. I came home from work to see my kittens had found there way on to the counter top. Not sure what happened I didn't see her fall but seen the others they where jumping /tumbling off. They all seemed fine except one sitting keeping it's front legs off the ground sorta like a begging position. She eats drinks but not playing like the others she shuffles her front legs like stiff legged when walking but sleeps mostly. Breathing is normal I felt all over pressing bending she doesn't meow or cry loves to be handled. I really can't afford to go the vet . Im hoping it's just bruised paws or sprain. Any advice please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Majoestic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Uploaded short video in my gallery of the kitten I could upload here for some reason.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That does sound and look like a leg injury. I would want a vet visit to be sure there isn't some kind of fracture. :(

If you can give an us idea of where you live we might be able to share some low cost resources or other ideas for you.

Majoestic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That does sound and look like a leg injury. I would want a vet visit to be sure there isn't some kind of fracture. :(

If you can give an us idea of where you live we might be able to share some low cost resources or other ideas for you.
I live in Beckley WV close to Oakhill WV thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww! Poor baby. Here is an article that might help:
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

I tried to search for a los cost clinic in your area, but didn't see much. Maybe if there's a veterinary school you're aware of nearby? Or, if you already have an established vet, they might be able to work out a payment plan to get your kitten the care it needs. It looks as if walking is painful, and continuing to walk on a fracture wouldn't be good.

I saw the New River Himane society has a low cost spay neuter program. Maybe if you call, they'll have a recommendation for low cost vet services, too?

New River Humane Society

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Majoestic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awww! Poor baby. Here is an article that might help:
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

I tried to search for a los cost clinic in your area, but didn't see much. Maybe if there's a veterinary school you're aware of nearby? Or, if you already have an established vet, they might be able to work out a payment plan to get your kitten the care it needs. It looks as if walking is painful, and continuing to walk on a fracture wouldn't be good.

I saw the New River Himane society has a low cost spay neuter program. Maybe if you call, they'll have a recommendation for low cost vet services, too?

New River Humane Society

Good luck, and keep us posted!
Thanks I'm talking with a few places including New river will find out more tomorrow. Miss kitten was up and about this evening playing moving around a lot I tried laying her down in a box but she climbed out to play, eat, etc. She isnt as stiff as before but seems wobbly, off balanceway more active. Keeping an eye on her.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for trying.

Please talk with these places about their spaying/neutering costs too. They may be able to help you get mom spayed in the near future.

Majoestic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much for trying.

Please talk with these places about their spaying/neutering costs too. They may be able to help you get mom spayed in the near future.
So just an update kitten had no fracture or broken anything. Was though may hit it's head pretty good making her day a few days she was make to her normal self. Mommy cat needs wormed but still a little to soon. And getting someone to help me get her spayed seems impossible no one will return my calls. Also I have a kitten with a nasty pink eye I clean with a war cloth but it always looks bad day 3 now any ointments I can buy for this a office visit Is 35$ a pop plus what ever service charge can afford this on a tight budget.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Of home remedica chamomilla tea is good for bathing sore eyes.