Kitten hit his head!

Crystaljanie511

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
❄Happy Holidays everyone!! I'm fostering 3 kittens & their mama. They're currently 7 1/2 weeks old and FULL of energy! One of the boys just came running full speed from the back bedroom to the living room and I'm guessing his plan was to just slide up the couch, but instead he nailed his head on the lower park of the couch which is wood. I grabbed him and looked at his face and he looked ok. But he wasn't moving, he was just laying in my arms (which is odd because he's all about play, play, play right now). I held him for about 2 mins until he saw his sister and he wanted to go play. He has been running around playing ever since. What should I do from here? When my boyfriend was in a minor car accident, he hit his head. I stayed up all night, waking him up every two hours to make sure he knew his name and my name etc....Is that something I should do with the kitten? I don't want to use Google because I get so many different answers. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you so much!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I rescued a stray 5 week old kitten. He kept running and banging his head against the window. After calming down he was very playful. The people that adopted him showed me pics. He looked fine.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as he's acting okay, I think he might not have any lasting problems. Do contact your vet and ask about this incident.

Kittens have rubbery bones that flex until the growth plates fuse. The same with your kitty's noggin. That helps them survive blows that would permanently injure them. He probably saw stars for a little while, though.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd do the same thing for him as I would a child who had done something similar, since he is running and playing. Watch him for 24 hours. If there are ANY changes, loss of energy, appetite, or potty issues, get him in immediately. I rather doubt there will be. He sounds like it was "just a noggin conk," as my father would have said.