Kitten has poop stuck right at the end of her tract, what should I do?

md.as06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 3 1/2 week old bottle-fed kitty who was examined by a vet yesterday and was determined to be in great health, so no issues lately. She has however been passing runny poop. This feeding, she seems to have a more solid but still soft one, not sure how much, stuck that doesn't want to come out, I can see part of it poking out and can't clean it off. I don't wanna keep stimulating and rub her butt raw, so can I wait until the next feeding and let her try to work it through her system a little further?

Dewey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe try gently massaging her lower belly to get her bowels moving. Also try holding her in an up right position and gently bouncing her up and down and moving her side to side to loosen things up.

I hope this helps!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Personally, I would let it go for now and see what happens. I am not sure there might not be something else going on, but if she is doing well otherwise, I don't think waiting a bit is a problem.

I am sure more experienced members will come along soon and offer opinions as well.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My reaction is, you can try to submerge her lower parts in warm water. Alike you would do if she was constipated... You can even have a drop of fluid soap. And rinse afterwards.
Of course make sure she doesnt get chilled off.

Another tip may be to have in the poo a tiny slice of such a anti-constipation cone for humans (sorry, I dont remember what its called).[glycerine)
This makes the hardeneed poo softer after a while.

Whatever you do, dont try to manually draw the fastened poo by force...
If so, better to wait and hope it comes out by itself.

Make sure she has enough of fluids,

Last edited:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe try gently massaging her lower belly to get her bowels moving. Also try holding her in an up right position and gently bouncing her up and down and moving her side to side to loosen things up.

I hope this helps!
Please don't shake or bounce kittens! This can injure or even kill them.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

I hope this helps!
This works for human babies but SHOULD NOT be used on animals.

Please could you answer your PMs, the moderators are trying to get in touch with you.