Kitten Getting Spayed This Thursday--nervous Mama Here!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll definitely try the foil and up her feedings. She seems very content right now. She is napping in the sun with her buddy. (Though under supervision since they do like to roughhouse) Bonus, belly spots!
View attachment 253790
Just saw and caught up on this thread, and I just wanted to say... I love that photo in your Post #21. Reese is a glorious creature to have on this earth!
:redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: Wow. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just saw and caught up on this thread, and I just wanted to say... I love that photo in your Post #21. Reese is a glorious creature to have on this earth!
:redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: Wow. :)
Aren't those belly spots just the most darling :cloud9:
Thank you guys! Her little belly spots are seriously fantastic. I'm going to miss seeing her freckled tummy when her fur grows back, is that bad? LOL!

She goes in tomorrow to get her staples out! I'd like to say that I haven't seen her do her weird leg kicking thing in about two days now. I'll probably still ask my vet about it just so we can answer if anyone else experiences it sometime.

Thank you guys for helping out so much, you really put my fears to rest and walked me through things! You're awesome.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Back from the vet! They said that Reese is healing really well...and the technician said that she wanted to steal her because she's 'amazing'.
Sadly I don't have much of an answer on the foot shaking though. They said that it could have been anxiety due to pain.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great 'mews', TobiDaDog! Yay, Reese!

Do you have wood floors in your house? I know when my cat Zooms around our place, I later sometimes see little wood splinters on the floor. I try to inspect her paw pads regularly, but little splinters are hard to see. Could it have been something like that w/ Reese?

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's great 'mews', TobiDaDog! Yay, Reese!

Do you have wood floors in your house? I know when my cat Zooms around our place, I later sometimes see little wood splinters on the floor. I try to inspect her paw pads regularly, but little splinters are hard to see. Could it have been something like that w/ Reese?
Most of my home is hardwood! It's very slick though and actually painted with a thick coating or even paint in some places. (I have no idea why the owner decided to paint over the hardwood in a few rooms with green paint) But I suppose it could be a possibility. I DID check her paws over and didn't see anything.

Interesting note that I'm not sure has any relevance. The receptionist had mixed up Reese's paperwork with another cat when I was checking her in and had to call me back and clarify that she was in for a declaw. I told them NO! I had completely pushed this to the back of my mind until my MIL mentioned it earlier. It made me look twice to make sure all of her claws were still intact. :lol:

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well! I didn't think I'd be back here...but I guess I've got one last tailing question. I was noticing a few weeks ago that while everything has healed up, there was one small scab on her stomach still. I thought that was a little odd so I wrangled her (she did not want her belly tickled no sir) and found that the scab was BLUE. It was not a scab. It was a stitch.

I've been keeping an eye on it, and now it's worked its way through so that you can see both ends of the stitch AND the knot sticking out of her belly. It's very small and her long fur has started to grow back over it so a picture is extremely hard to get. Not to mention she's a wiggle worm.
Internal stitches coming out normal?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How do they do it, where things like this always seem to happen on a weekend??
I don't know if you're familiar but if you call your regular clinic and listen to the phone greeting, they should have an after hours number you could call...

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been keeping an eye on it, and now it's worked its way through so that you can see both ends of the stitch AND the knot sticking out of her belly. It's very small and her long fur has started to grow back over it so a picture is extrelmely hard to get. Not to mention she's a wiggle worm.
Internal stitches coming out normal?

That's how stitches look on me when they emerge from my incisions. The "dissolving" stitches the drs use don't dissolve in my body. That also happened to my mom after back surgery.
I had 3 stitches on my big toe come out more than 3 months after the surgery. A stitch on my stomach surfaced more than a year after that operation.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's happening to my kitten too. The vet told me that it might fall out on its own, but to bring her back in to get it removed if it's still there in a few weeks.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well the vet I took her to is actually a cattle and ranch clinic, and judging by their previous track record they'll probably tell me to keep an eye on it or snip it myself. I'm thinking of inquiring at her regular clinic about it tomorrow. (The guys that spayed her weren't her regular vet, they were just the only ones around who would spay before six months)