Kitten Getting Spayed This Thursday--nervous Mama Here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll definitely try the foil and up her feedings. She seems very content right now. She is napping in the sun with her buddy. (Though under supervision since they do like to roughhouse) Bonus, belly spots!
20180921_134904.jpg

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One more! Reese is still feeling under the weather. You can tell that she's limiting her movements and trying to be gentle on her body. She rests and sleeps a lot, but wants to be close to people. She cries if left alone.
Sir makes sure that that doesn't happen. Since she's come home he's been by her side almost constantly, doting on her and grooming her. If he hears her cry he speeds into the room to sniff and lick her. But...I'm a little disturbed by his grooming honestly. Sometimes he starts at her face and sometimes at her backside. He licks her bum area a LOT. So much that today she squirmed away from him because she wanted to sleep. He seemed to get the hint and quit, but he was back at it later. I don't know if he's just trying to be motherly to her or what?

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess so? A bit much, sounds like, can you separate them when he gets to be too much so she can get her rest?
For the most part I've been keeping her in a quiet room. They're only together under supervision right now, and she absolutely loves to snuggle up and sleep by him. He did stop when she moved, so he's not being really rough with her.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
See, you're totally on top of it :)
Yep, all I need is a 'why' for this behavior lol. He's sweet with her but the bum licking is a little odd considering that he has never done that before.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aand Reese pulled a staple. I've been watching it because it seemed loose yesterday and it just finally came loose. The incision doesn't seem like it's opening up though. Since it's only been a few days should I take her back in to get a new one?

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Late update but...I sent a photo to my vet and they said that it looked alright, that it was sealing up nicely. Since then the incision site has started closing really well. Already it looks more like a scar in some places than an open, stitched wound.
Reese is pretty much back to her old self, playing and wreaking havoc. She jumps, but she won't run anywhere? She walks everywhere she goes. Before the surgery she'd tear around like a mad thing.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is most definitely back to normal now! Running around and climbing the furniture. Odd thing though...since the day she came home her claws have been driving her crazy. She's been shaking her paws like she's trying to get water off, and I made a point to ask the vet about it when she gets her Staples out next week. But she is also clawing EVERYTHING. Before this she would scratch a certain desk chair a bit but now...she tries to sharpen her claws on paper, cardboard, carpet, wood, tile, metal, toys... anything she can. And then she shakes her paws again. This has been going on since day one of being home. What the heck?

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is great news!!

Can you check her paws? Is something stuck to her, or are her claws really long?
I checked her paws already and they seem pretty normal honestly. I looked between the toes and extended her paws and everything. One claw looks a tiny bit frayed but overall normal.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not too worried about the actual scratching. I just want to make sure she is comfortable. I'm going to ask my vet when she goes to get her Staples removed .