Kitten food

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Reading through a previous thread made me wonder if I shouldn't be feeding our expectant mom kitten food instead of regular cat food since she's due sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I was also wondering if it would be too stressful for her to get tested and checked out at the vets. She is backed up for at least 2 weeks as far as appointments go but she has walk-in hours on Sat. mornings. I had no time last Sat. and was thinking maybe this Sat. if she hasn't delivered by then. If we can't get her in before the kittens are born, when would be a good time to take her? I wouldn't want to keep her away from the babies for too long and she probably wouldn't be too willing to leave them either.

By the way, she is doing much better in her own room now. I kitty proofed the room the best I could and we let her stay out of cage since she has proved to us that she will use the litter box and she hardly cries anymore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Anne! Looks like I'll buy her some different food this week when I go shopping.

Don't worry...I plan on getting her spayed as soon as her little ones get weaned. No more little kitties for her!!