Kitten Doesn't Like her Food Anymore?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekomimi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to let you all know that Seth is eating normally again. She absolutely loves this Trader Joe's brand (wet or dry). She comes running when I bring out the canned food!

I'm thinking that the old dry food (science diet) was really harsh on her stomach. I could never feed it to her without putting water in it. She would get a somewhat soft, stinky stool if I did leave it dry. I've been checking her stool after switching her to Trader Joe's brand, and all is normal! She's got lots of energy and is back to wearing me out!

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She could have had a baby tooth that was loose and sore. Keep an eye on her eating, I had a kitty develop stommotitus. This is an allergic reaction to the teeth, the kitty's body rejects them. My poor girl was in pain and the final treatment we did was to remove her back teeth. She was her old self within 48 hours.

I hope it was just the food, but look for reddness around the gumline, and keep those teeth brushed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nekomimi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks, dragonlady! I haven't noticed any redness, but I'll take a closer look today when she's not in playtime mode!