kitten cannot move back legs anymore / diet

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
This is all the information from the vet regarding diet, that saabuhamda has provided.

they saw her belly in the picture and put her on a strict diet. lol with their supplement of course...
well first her poop was liquid so they said that's because she eats too much and gave her the shot for parvo just incase then they caught me over feeding her a second time and gave me a measuring cup. marked it with a line and said once a day. i like her small not plump and over weight. but yeah diet for her weight not for joints.
yes she gets a supplement squeeze tube food and a little bit of hard food. for kittens.
they said no wet food no treats.
saabuhamda saabuhamda I'm wondering what you mean by 'they caught me over-feeding'? Did you just described to them what you were feeding her and they thought it was too much?
There are other reasons that kittens get diarrhea.. in fact over-eating is way down the list. A change of foods and food allergies are two Remember this little one has really only just started a solid diet and her system is getting used to that.

Also, just regarding posting videos, you can do that:
Go to the bar at the top of the posting box and click on this:
media.png

You'll get a drop-down box.
Click on the first (media)
As long as the video is one that has an accepted URL you can post it there. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saabuhamda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She needs either wet food or wet and dry food, as much as she can eat daily .

This is from the article linked above
Kittens usually eat several small meals a day. Their stomach is too small to contain all the food. It is best to free-feed kittens and let them nibble throughout the day.
she can't control herself. she eats until her stomache is abnormally big and her poop starts to get really wet.