Kitten Born Prematurely?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mrs.Kazmi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_7109.JPG

Sorry, I lied. It did work finally lol

Meet Cola. S/he is just a little over two weeks old.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, what a sweetie! It sounds as though it is healing beautifully!

Thank you for the update! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mrs.Kazmi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi again!

I'm back but this time I'm having issues with the grandmama. We kicked her out the room at the beginning of August and we recently reopened the door for her. However, her recent behavior is quite...worrisome borderline alarming. We live in a two story home with an open roof so she stayed mainly downstairs where my in-laws live and where the garage is. I'm assuming it's because she didn't have any interaction with other cats for 2-3 weeks (all our cats stayed on my floor cause we got AC) so she's grown quite scared(?) of other cats. As soon as she enters the room, she would run straight to the food and water bowl. She eats as fast as she could and then runs out the door as soon as she's done. Whenever she decides to stay, she would hiss at all my other cats (including noobie) and she runs around like we're out to get her. She's a really timid cat by nature or by experience (we got her from someone when she was five years old and we are guessing that he abused her during some point) but this is just weird and it's scaring the crap outta me.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she needs to acclimate again to the situation.

I would spend some time sitting with her in the room and just talking softly and petting her if she will let you.

She sounds very nervous and scared. In these cases patience is required in order to calm and reassure the cat.

She needs to become comfortable with all the cats again. This can take a little time.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you had any luck with spaying and neutering? That will help with cat reintroductions immensely.