Kitten Atacked By Dog

mariomac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello guys my kitten was atacked by a dog ,she is like 1 month old i think im not sure ,after like 10 sec i was able to seperate her from him ,she was like juicy pooping from her bottom ,and not moving ,and hardly breathing ,it looked like her neck was snapped ,after a while ,her breathing got regular ,and she started standing up ,but she would take a few steps then fall over ,she has been drinking some milk or water ,but not really eating ,even though i didnt really offer her anyfood,i was expecting her to go to the food bowl , for more info look at the videos and pic , what kind of injury u think she got ? , spinal cord injury ? neck broken ? i need ur opinion , thanks in advance ,is it urgent u think? i cant really see the vet today

Attachments

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you HAVE to forget all of your scheduled business for today and RUN to a vet!!!
Meanwhile do not give any food or water to the kitten until a vet sees her.

Being a cat owner also means to put your cat's life ahead of anything else!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mariomac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
this is her 20 mins after the atack ,she is walking a bit more now ,even though she is walking a bit funny ,dragging her right hand a bit

mariomac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i was at the vet btw guys ,he suspected she might have a nerve injury ,gave me some pills and said she might recover since she is young ,she is doing better now ,her head balance is better ,she still limps on 1 leg, and prefers to sleep ,but she has eaten so thats a good sign

mariomac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How did the dog get to her? Is she really only 4 weeks old? Where is her mom?
she went out to the yard ,from the upper window i leave open for bigger cats ,and she slipped down , ,updates she si doing great now

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have the rest of her litter?

This is clearly unsafe, though I’m glad to hear she is better. You need to secure all kittens in one safe room for now.

You also need to look into spaying and neutering your cats. You will be overrun with kittens before you know it, and you will have babies having babies. Where are you located? We can help you to find a low cost clinic in your area.

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am not trying to be rude, you grabbing her or him by the paw like that in the video doesn’t help. As well as putting her on the bed.

At least, she is doing better.
This.

Please try to handle your kitten more gently. Remember that she's just a tiny baby, and is injured and in pain right now.

It's also not a good idea to have her walking that high off the ground. Can you put a soft blanket on the floor for her? Having her on the bed puts her at risk of falling and hurting herself more. It may not seem high up from a human standpoint, but for a kitten it's a long distance to potentially fall, especially when she isn't balancing well.

I too am glad to hear her condition has improved.