kitten and roaches

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, my new kitten now hunt roaches and eat them, it's pretty amazed me because 5(6) of my adult cats only playing or ignored them, sometime even trying to dodge roaches instead.

i research about it and found out that many kitten hunting/eating them too, but isnt weird when i just feed him much of food and he's still meow at night to tell me open door and let him hunting ?

sometime i hear him chew something at night and found out he's eating roaches, from eggs to nymph, adult male/female roaches. sometime i managed to stop him from eating roaches (hard to open his mouth). do i need to care about it ?

because i use roaches/bugs spray/chemicals, but it always back after awhile

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't think that a cat eating roaches or other insects should be a real problem, unless these insects are toxic, irritating, dangerous. After all, in nature cats chase and eat just anything.

The problem I can see there, though, if you allow me, is why you have so many of these bugs around. It might be an issue for you rather than the kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it's pretty hard to make all bugs disappeared, i lived in Vietnam so tropical climate makes it even harder

when i open window/door, there is a chance for them flying/crawling from outside in

use spray can instantly kill roaches/bug once i spray it on them, chemical mixing with foods only work in several hours

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All those chemicals in the house, though used for a good cause, can be extremely harmful for your kitties. I would look into some natural remedies, like traps or something like this.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
every pest control guy i know or spoken to all say the same thing. remove whats attracting them in the first place water/food shelter.(plants/shrubs by the house) all the bug sprays and traps can become a health risk to your cat.right now your kitten is keeping the roaches from building a happy home to raise babies inside your home by hunting/killing them.only takes one to drop an egg sac to have your house full of roaches

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
every pest control guy i know or spoken to all say the same thing. remove whats attracting them in the first place water/food shelter.(plants/shrubs by the house) all the bug sprays and traps can become a health risk to your cat.right now your kitten is keeping the roaches from building a happy home to raise babies inside your home by hunting/killing them.only takes one to drop an egg sac to have your house full of roaches
the problem is they are cannibalism too, that mean when there are no foods, they just eating other. i saw one roaches eating alive weakened one from the back.

All those chemicals in the house, though used for a good cause, can be extremely harmful for your kitties. I would look into some natural remedies, like traps or something like this.
of course, chemical mixing with foods only at 1-3 floor, and when i do that, i must make sure my cats already locked in their room at 4th floor.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the problem is they are cannibalism too, that mean when there are no foods, they just eating other. i saw one roaches eating alive weakened one from the back
why is that a problem? unless your keeping the roaches pets or feeders for another pet most people i know especially my gf wouldnt care how the roaches are gone just as long as they are gone she would happily cheer the cannibal roach on hoping it eats all the rest of them to. also having no food around for them makes them go away in time like a neighbors orback outside where they belong

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
problem is i can't 100% get rid of them, if just single of drink/foods drop on floor when no one noticed, tiny roaches eat it, then get eaten by bigger, bigger one laying eggs, and then circle of life begin

btw look like my 3months old kitten stop eating them, just let they dying on their back after play :)