Kitten adoption

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the spay at your vet is too expensive, it looks like the Humane Society in Lawrenceburg can give you a spay voucher for $25.00 with a list of participating vets. Maybe your vet is on the list.

Spay/Neuter Application

Hope your girl will feel better after her vet visit tomorrow. :alright:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would imagine that it is just from being backed up with milk since her kittens are gone. Let us know what the vet says tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes he is nutered. The vet said she had stopped up mammory glands. She gave her 2 shots, one for infection, and the other an anti inflammatory. She is scheduled to be spayed next friday, but she will need to go sooner. She is still in full blown heat, after it calmed down a bit for 2 days. She is just a bit out of control at the moment :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will be out of heat by next Friday, which will make her spay easier. It's good she got relief for her mammaries. That will help her to feel better!

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she feels better :) already. After calling for about 2 hours this morning she is finally asleep. She will be much happier after its all over.

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet spayed Abby today. She is doing good. Waking up good, but i have a few questions for you all. When she got home, we ket her out of her kennel, and our male hissed, and growled at her! He forgot her already?!? Also, she has been at the front door, and her favorite window calling again. Is she calling because of left over hormones? Will she stop calling? She is also licling where the cut is. Should she be doing that? I've put my male in our bedroom, what should I do, just leave them around each other? Shew weee! I'm stressed!!

ChaoticEva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet spayed Abby today. She is doing good. Waking up good, but i have a few questions for you all. When she got home, we ket her out of her kennel, and our male hissed, and growled at her! He forgot her already?!? Also, she has been at the front door, and her favorite window calling again. Is she calling because of left over hormones? Will she stop calling? She is also licling where the cut is. Should she be doing that? I've put my male in our bedroom, what should I do, just leave them around each other? Shew weee! I'm stressed!!
The hissing is normal. She doesn't smell like she used to, so your male cat is kinda saying "Hey! You smell like a bunch of vets and stuff. I don't like it!". It should go back to normal very soon. Sometimes it can take a few days. but it's nothing to worry about. Also, she should NOT be licking her incision. She should be wearing a cone for about 10 to 14 days (until you remove the stitches.) The calling is also normal. She may still have some hormones left, but that should stop eventually. Then again, she could always be just a very vocal cat, even though she is spayed.

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you because I was just ready to cry! I was just worried my male cat would hurt her, and he is twice her size. She weighs 7.6 pounds, and he weighs 15 pounds. She is a very small cat to be 2 to 4 years old. The vet estimated her age.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, cats still appear in heat (but less so) for a few days after spaying. The hormones diminish quickly though.

Your male cat is hissing because she smells like the vet. That will go away too.

All cats lick stitches. If they are internal she won't hurt her incision.

Did the vet give you pain meds for her?