Kitten adoption

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone know how I would find a home for our new kittens without having to advertise on Craigslist (definately don't want to do) or taking them to a shelter? We only have two, and they are adorable. I was hoping since this site is so extensive, someone would be able to help. We can keep them for about another 2 weeks.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Advertise for free on the radio on one of those buy and sell shows, or hang pictures in laundry mats or other public places. Just make sure they are good homes, you don't want them going to a farm where there are coyotes or to an abuser. Watch closely in their interactions with the kittens. Look at how they dress, their personal hygiene and at their car, if they are sloppy or their car is a mess, the house usually is too, and they may not have the ambition needed to handle a kitten. Good luck, they are adorable. By the way, that little tortoiseshell on the bottom is a girl, calico's are 99% of the time! 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you keep the kittens until they are 10-12 weeks? It would be much better for them.

Also, will you get them spayed and neutered first?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They will only be 7 weeks old in another two weeks. They really need to stay with their mom for 10-12 weeks.

This link may help:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/kittens-to-good-homes-how-to-find-a-good-forever-home-for-your-kittens

Best to rehome them together if possible. Please do NOT use Craig's List.
They will be seven weeks old in 2 weeks. The issue is, I have a large Male cat in our home, and he is showing signs of agression toward them, and the momma cat. My male and momma cat were getting along until the kittens started walking, and playing, and now my male is being mean. We keep them seperate by a gate, but they (the kittens) are already teying to climb the gate. I know keeping them with her up until 12 weeks is ideal, but I'd rather not take the chance of him hurting them. I won't use Craigslist. Just trying to find a good home for them, together. Thank you all.

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Advertise for free on the radio on one of those buy and sell shows, or hang pictures in laundry mats or other public places. Just make sure they are good homes, you don't want them going to a farm where there are coyotes or to an abuser. Watch closely in their interactions with the kittens. Look at how they dress, their personal hygiene and at their car, if they are sloppy or their car is a mess, the house usually is too, and they may not have the ambition needed to handle a kitten. Good luck, they are adorable. By the way, that little tortoiseshell on the bottom is a girl, calico's are 99% of the time! 
Thank you, and yes, she is a girl. Super sweet little girl. I would keep them, but we can't afford it. We have to get the momma cat spayed soon, and then all our cats will be spayed, and nutered. We will end up with 5. 3 that live in the barn, and 2 inside. That's a lot of cat food by itself. Shew weee!

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you keep the kittens until they are 10-12 weeks? It would be much better for them.

Also, will you get them spayed and neutered first?
Cannot afford to get them spayed, and nutered first. We don't have free spay, and nuterer clinics here. Wish we did.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
D darcystaley

Is your male cat neutered?

He needs to be kept in another room for now. It's a shame to separate them early from their mom because of HIS behavior.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
D darcystaley

Is your male cat neutered?

He needs to be kept in another room for now. It's a shame to separate them early from their mom because of HIS behavior.
Agreed. Create more distance between them and keep the babies with their mom for now. Everything will settle down in a few weeks. They need their mom for now.

I would talk to the vet about a possible discount for multiple spayed and neuters. Whoever adopts the kittens should be happy to contribute.

darcystaley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Agreed. Create more distance between them and keep the babies with their mom for now. Everything will settle down in a few weeks. They need their mom for now.

I would talk to the vet about a possible discount for multiple spayed and neuters. Whoever adopts the kittens should be happy to contribute.
By the way, this is my male cat. He us basically a good boy. He is watching g tv here.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your number one priority should be to get the cats you are keeping neutered and spayed.  I finally got all mine done and it is such a relief, ONE female had 17 kittens in one year until I finally captured her. I know it's expensive, mine are 150.00 each with shots, but so worth it when you think how many extra mouths you could be feeding. With feeding 7 cats now, I spend about 110.00 a month on food, and that is with mainly dry. If people would be more responsible and stop dumping them around here it would help. the poor things know I will help them. Good luck!

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw they are adorable xxx I'm guessing you're in the Us somewhere? We already have 3 cats. And in the uk. Love them both though xxx The vets office sounds a good idea, agree Craigslist isn't a good idea although you never know. I've genuinely used Craigslist several times, not for pets but furniture, ride share etc. Really hope you find great new homes for them xx