Kitchen Appliances

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have 14.
The pressure cooker and the dehydrator are in the basement. The rest of my stash is in the kitchen. I have two stand mixers and both are on the kitchen counters because I use them both for different things.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Surprisingly only 10. Maybe 11 since my oven and toaster oven have convection settings.

Any air fryer recs? I keep thinking of getting one but there are too many out to choose from and it just makes my head spin.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 10.

Any air fryer recs? I keep thinking of getting one but there are too many out to choose from and it just makes my head spin.
The one we have is the Gotham Steel. I don't think it's a super high quality one, but IDK, I haven't looked it up either, it was a surprise gift. I wasn't in the market for one so didn't do any research on any other brands but it works well for what I use it for.
It has a small basket so I don't use it for making fries or hash browns...I would have to do multiple batches...I have also not done anything in it other than meat so far, but it really does cook meat very well. Nice and crispy outside, renders fat really well, and holds the juices inside. It's a good size for two people if you're not making extra meat servings for leftovers.
It looks like this...
1645224699063.png

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think 6.

Edit: we may have a toaster in the basement. Our toaster oven may do convection. It's a really nice toaster oven hence why there may be a toaster or two in the basement since we just use it for a lot. So it may be 7 total, actually.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
sivyaleah sivyaleah I am a diehard Ninja fan. I started out with the Ninja 5 in 1, went to the XL, then went to the 7 in 1 that has the griddle. Gave the XL to my son who fell in love with the thing. He said they use it several times a week. Actually, since they got the XL, my grandson has turned into quite the griller. They really like it.

For two people, the 5 in 1 is great. And I still use it most of the time. You can buy it with or without a probe thermometer. I didn't because I have my own probe that I use for everything. The 5 in 1 air-crisps (same as air fry), bakes (I've done small one layer cakes, which are fine for Rick and me, but you can also do mac and cheese, tuna and noodles and other casserole-type dishes in the main pan, using the bake function), roasts (I've done pork roasts, spatchcocked whole chickens, roast beef), grills (wings are awesome!), and dehydrates (never used it as I have a dehydrator). Yeah, there's a bit of a learning curve, but it's really not difficult to use. There are a couple Foodi Grill forums on FB, too, and those people will help you. Tons of Foodi recipes on those forums.

If you're on FB, check out the Marketplace for Ninja. They're there. My friend was at a yard sale and found a brand new, still in the box, 5 in 1 for way less than $100.

No, I don't hawk for Ninja. I'm just really pleased with the product.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8. I have a small kitchen. There's really no room for any more appliances like that on the counter.

What's a sous-vide? I never even heard of that. The name sort of translates to "under-view," That doesn't even give me a clue.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 6; a slow cooker, toaster, coffee maker, stand mixer, microwave, and food processor.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sivyaleah sivyaleah I am a diehard Ninja fan. I started out with the Ninja 5 in 1, went to the XL, then went to the 7 in 1 that has the griddle. Gave the XL to my son who fell in love with the thing. He said they use it several times a week. Actually, since they got the XL, my grandson has turned into quite the griller. They really like it.

For two people, the 5 in 1 is great. And I still use it most of the time. You can buy it with or without a probe thermometer. I didn't because I have my own probe that I use for everything. The 5 in 1 air-crisps (same as air fry), bakes (I've done small one layer cakes, which are fine for Rick and me, but you can also do mac and cheese, tuna and noodles and other casserole-type dishes in the main pan, using the bake function), roasts (I've done pork roasts, spatchcocked whole chickens, roast beef), grills (wings are awesome!), and dehydrates (never used it as I have a dehydrator). Yeah, there's a bit of a learning curve, but it's really not difficult to use. There are a couple Foodi Grill forums on FB, too, and those people will help you. Tons of Foodi recipes on those forums.

If you're on FB, check out the Marketplace for Ninja. They're there. My friend was at a yard sale and found a brand new, still in the box, 5 in 1 for way less than $100.

No, I don't hawk for Ninja. I'm just really pleased with the product.
Thank you! I am leaning to Ninja but so many models it's hard to figure out which is best.
There's only the 2 of us so the 5 in 1 sounds perfect. Good rec to search the FB Marketplace. I never would have thought of it.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
8. I have a small kitchen. There's really no room for any more appliances like that on the counter.

What's a sous-vide? I never even heard of that. The name sort of translates to "under-view," That doesn't even give me a clue.
Sous-vide is a very slow method of cooking food where you vacuum seal food to be cooked and then submerge in a hot water bath. The machine is the vacuum sealer. Winds up being somewhat similar to slow poaching (I've done that for fish). Food comes out very tender and then finished off quickly under a broiler or pan seared.

What is Sous Vide