Kiki likes to bite!

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kiki likes to bite when i try to play with him, i don't know what to do, i say BAD CAT and when i say it he starts squinting at me with his eyes, what can i do make him stop biting me. I really need help.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you using your hands to play with him?  If so he will associate your hands as toys.  It is often fun to entice cats by wiggling our fingers or putting them under a blanket.  Cats then see them as toys.  Try using a wand toy or a laser pointer to keep him at a distance from you.  You can try to hiss sharply at him like a mother cat would to her kittens.  If he continues to bite just end the play session and walk away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Are you using your hands to play with him?  If so he will associate your hands as toys.  It is often fun to entice cats by wiggling our fingers or putting them under a blanket.  Cats then see them as toys.  Try using a wand toy or a laser pointer to keep him at a distance from you.  You can try to hiss sharply at him like a mother cat would to her kittens.  If he continues to bite just end the play session and walk away.
He does not like cat toys and he does not stop even if i hiss at him, i do use my hands to play with him, but only sometimes.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you continue to use your hands, he will consider them a toy.  Try different types of toys, even just a simple old shoe string.  You can hide the string under a blanket and slowly or quickly pull it out.  Most cats love this.  Have you tried cat nip toys?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

peterbald love

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

If you continue to use your hands, he will consider them a toy.  Try different types of toys, even just a simple old shoe string.  You can hide the string under a blanket and slowly or quickly pull it out.  Most cats love this.  Have you tried cat nip toys?
I tried cat nip toys and he does not react to them and i do not have old shoe string.