kids and cats HELP

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a morning, my grand daughters came to see me, l don't see them so much now there teenagers so was glads to see them, now l wish they hadn't come

The youngest of the two asked if she could find Daisy in her safe room., l said no and explained why but they know all about Daisy and how l am working with her.Told her that as Daisy doesn't see them a lot she hasn't got used to there voices and she is still scared.

Then she must have gone and asked her dad and he said yes. I saw her going in and said no Francesco  l explained to you before why l didn't want you to go in to find her . Well within five minutes my son said they were going.

I could scream as when l first got Daisy she had gone in and was making cat noises and running round the room and l found Daisy huddled in a corner upset.

So with going home so quick l don't think i will see them for a good while . I blame my son as he should have checked with me first . Flipping kids. Don't know if to get in touch with him as he gets the sulks and l will be  blamed,

Jilly

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry you had this happen! It seems we never get to see adult kids and grandchildren enough but really your son should have respected your wishes about Daisy. And your granddaughter is old enough to know better, too. Still, it doesn't help much to know they made a mistake when you wish you could see them more often. I hope Daisy recovers soon - poor little girl. She has come so far!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry you had to go through this.  Others just do not understand at all.  Just give Daisy lots of reassurance.  Try to spend some extra time with her or give her some extra yummy treats to help butter her up.  It may take her a day or two, but she will recover.  Hopefully when your grand kids come again they will respect your wishes.  You might want to explain to them how Daisy reacted and the effects it had on her.  They are old enough to understand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artyjill

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Daisy came through once but since she is hiding in her room, its like going forward and then 6 steps back. I think if you haven't had or known a cat that wasn't socialized you don't realize that there are on going things you have to understand you have to live with and carry on with the classes as l call them.

It didn't help me and my frozen shoulder that l can't get better, was OK till  this kicked off. My son knows all about each step and he would never go in looking for her in her safe room, he comes on his own he asks about her and asks how she is but then he tells the kids to do different. Its a pity l can't ground him or sit him in the Naughty corner Lol

I

Jilly