Keeping Wet Food Wet And Moist

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Roman recently suspected with FLUTD. need a wet food dedicated feeder now and found this

my apartment is at a consistent 75F so wet gets dry super quick. since his suspected diagnosis, I want to change him to wet only. Thoughts?

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the old model with the girls all day long. They have a split dish for wet and dry food. It's about 65-75F in here depending on the season. I wasn't feeding them wet food in low humidity, back in Phoenix, so I can't vouch for that but we're in Maryland.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use the old model with the girls all day long. They have a split dish for wet and dry food. It's about 65-75F in here depending on the season. I wasn't feeding them wet food in low humidity, back in Phoenix, so I can't vouch for that but we're in Maryland.
oh my goodness I'm in MD/DC too! Small world. Ordering on Amazon now.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what's the price? I might be able to find a discount

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
direct from mfg $50
amazon $69 third party seller

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The difference you're going to see is shipping times. I'm not seeing any recent promo codes. $50 is great this other one was $150 and I got either 25-30% off with a cat magazine code.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The difference you're going to see is shipping times. I'm not seeing any recent promo codes. $50 is great this other one was $150 and I got either 25-30% off with a cat magazine code.
The other one was a microchip feeder (saw that drop to 109 -- still really good for the tech that it has).

But I agree, $50 is almost too good. I might expedite it, if there's an option to. Too bad chewy doesn't have this listed. I was gonna order more food.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sealed Pet Bowl x1
$49.99

Stainless Steel Bowl Set x1
$28.99

Standard Delivery
$0.00

sales tax
$0.00
Total
$78.98

Couldn't resist stainless steel bowl 2x
Shipping is an extra $40.

I can manage waiting until then.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
microchip doesn't quite matter anymore because Tom's such a mook that I had to get a MeowSpace so the girls can go eat alone in a big acrylic box. He figured out 2-3 years ago to shoulder a lady over that's already opened it, and then hold the folding lid open with his head while he gorges himself on food he's not supposed to eat. First it was because he was dieting that he wasn't supposed to eat their food, and now it's because he's a FLUTD boy.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Couldn't resist stainless steel bowl 2x
We waited years for them to announce they were doing SS, and then when it was released I emailed customer service if they were doing the split bowl as well. They said not at this time, so I guess I'll wait a few more years. HA HA HA.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: got the surepet sealed bowl. it runs on x4 C batteries (yikes, rechargables much?) it's got that annoying soft buzzing motor sound- while it's open. And when it closes, the soft buzzing sound goes on for 31.62 seconds. That's a really long time. But then again, I hate the other timer things used for wet food. So I guess I'll see how this stands with use.

im not sure if even the most easily scared cats will like this.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Talk to customer care. That supreme cadillac version they sold me only makes noise when it opens and closes. This seems unusual.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
update on this *@&#&# amazing motion censored sealing bowl.

I left a full can of food in the bowl overnight and it stayed wet until the morning (he didn't eat it... lol but hey it works)

this is a must for wet feeding babies!!! (my place is 75F awful for wet cat food to stay in)

cons..
Runs on C batteries but has a indication light that turns red a week before the battery will die out. No wall plug. Tip, rechargable C batteries.

GalaxyGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
update on this *@&#&# amazing motion censored sealing bowl.

I left a full can of food in the bowl overnight and it stayed wet until the morning (he didn't eat it... lol but hey it works)

this is a must for wet feeding babies!!! (my place is 75F awful for wet cat food to stay in)

cons..
Runs on C batteries but has a indication light that turns red a week before the battery will die out. No wall plug. Tip, rechargable C batteries.
I just picked up a used on eBay for $25 to try with my kittens. It works great. I’ll order a new one because I like it so much.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just picked up a used on eBay for $25 to try with my kittens. It works great. I’ll order a new one because I like it so much.
dang.... wish i picked it up for $25; stainless steel bowls are worth buying too. i also have a timer based feeder because he just loves waking me up at 7am. I realize I'm doin' too much but I like to sleep.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a used one on eBay for $25 also but didn't come with a bowl so I had to buy a couple. I LOVE it!! My cat is SUCH a grazer that I was waiting a ton of money on wet food that was drying out. It only took a couple days to get her used to it too.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got a used one on eBay for $25 also but didn't come with a bowl so I had to buy a couple. I LOVE it!! My cat is SUCH a grazer that I was waiting a ton of money on wet food that was drying out. It only took a couple days to get her used to it too.
did you find out because of my post lol cool if i helped you find it cause yeah i was wasting money before this

GalaxyGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol my kittens eat everything. Once they knew it was there and learned how to use it... let’s say I scaled back. It’s still nice to have. I can leave them wet and dry. So now they have the option. The wet only last 2 hours if that in the feeder. XD

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lol my kittens eat everything. Once they knew it was there and learned how to use it... let’s say I scaled back. It’s still nice to have. I can leave them wet and dry. So now they have the option. The wet only last 2 hours if that in the feeder. XD
Lydia will take 8 to 10 hours to eat 2 oz lol.